No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ones I had trouble with were over the driver's side wheel arch and one of the rearmost on the passenger side. And the two at the rad support. That extra clearance makes doing rear shocks a lot easier, i tell you that. The test drive should be interesting. I know mine got a lot more solid feeling, and a lot of wierd noises and vibrations went away.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well went out this morning and put back the rear seat then began installing the fender extensions.....after that as complete I noticed that the bumpers were too low and a bit off centered (they were never perfectly aligned but never this bad) so I took care of that. After the bumper alignment came the test start....fuel leak above drivers side rear wheel. Took care of that then started again....noticed fan was not spinning. Gotta love old motor mounts. Re aligned the radiator fan shroud then took the car for a spin. Gear shifter feels funny, nothing like it used to feel. Probably needs to be adjusted as well. I let it be for now though. Got into town and just got gas (66 bucks worth ) then got trapped in the local parade. I went home then lol. For the little drive I took the car is a lot more solid. No joke.

So some pics....not many

Old bushings:

And just a couple of the new bushings:

Over the passengers side rear tire:

Drivers side under drivers seat:

Drivers side core support:

Drivers side behind rear wheel:

And some pics of the car. I like how I have the bumpers aligned a lot more now. Looks much better.

Bit higher stance:

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

awesome......and SHINY!!!!!!!

Comment

HA thanks. The car is absolutely filthy too!
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Something else to be aware of, and I forgot about this, but I had a brake line between the master cyl and the prop valve rupture during the body mount swap. I guess it didn't like being disturbed. I also vaguely recall having to re-tweak the trans linkage but I think that was a matter of loosening the bolt, letting it move to where it wanted to be, then snugging it back down. Its somewhere under the master cyl. The bumpers were also off kilter but I don't think I ever bothered to fix that until the car got painted. The new mounts are probably slightly taller than the originals would have been new, but they are certainly taller than the smushed down originals are.

I don't remember having fan problems but I have new motor mounts. Before the mounts were changed though, the fan hit the shroud. I have a hospital bill to prove that too.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No brake problems as of yet. All of those lines are new so they may take a bit more beating then the original ones would have taken after 25 years.

I see the bolt for the trans linkage under the master. Think I may do what you mentioned if the feeling continues to bother me.

Did you put your fingers somewhere they did not belong?
                ~David~

Comment

I was trying to re-adjust the fan shroud with the engine running. The shroud broke, and apparently the clutch was in better shape than I thought. 14 stitches plus 2 or 3 on the tendon inside was my reward for that bit of nonsense.

Comment

OUCH!!! Your "MAGIC BRAIN" really shorted out. Glad it was not worse.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      I was trying to re-adjust the fan shroud with the engine running. The shroud broke, and apparently the clutch was in better shape than I thought. 14 stitches plus 2 or 3 on the tendon inside was my reward for that bit of nonsense.
                      Ouch Man! Hope it heals up quickly.. ive had my far share of nicks from clutch fans but nothin that bad

Comment

I was under the impression that you guys were all running electric fans and that I was the only dinosaur running the mechanical fan. LOL

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                          I was under the impression that you guys were all running electric fans and that I was the only dinosaur running the mechanical fan. LOL

Packman
                          Gadget and I have both switched from electric fans back to mechanical IIRC.

Also, those body mounts look so good, your making me really jealous.

The mounts on the 89 are completely shot, half are cracked, the others just mush, I can turn some of the bolts the mounts are so bad. The factory filler in both A pillars is cracked and bubbling, the battery box support is broke in half, one of the fender supports ripped out, and I can see evidence of the trim around the windows moving.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            Gadget and I have both switched from electric fans back to mechanical IIRC.

Also, those body mounts look so good, your making me really jealous.

The mounts on the 89 are completely shot, half are cracked, the others just mush, I can turn some of the bolts the mounts are so bad. The factory filler in both A pillars is cracked and bubbling, the battery box support is broke in half, one of the fender supports ripped out, and I can see evidence of the trim around the windows moving.

You have rust free cars. Should be easier for you then me!
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                              Ouch Man! Hope it heals up quickly.. ive had my far share of nicks from clutch fans but nothin that bad
                              Oh this was probably 5 years ago, before I had replaced the motor mounts. Finger works about as well as it ever did, but theres a strange V shaped scar at the bottom of it, and a single slash on the ring finger.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                Oh this was probably 5 years ago, before I had replaced the motor mounts. Finger works about as well as it ever did, but theres a strange V shaped scar at the bottom of it, and a single slash on the ring finger.
                                Sucks man.. just tell people its a war wound Haha..

Comment

Working...
                                X