No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect he means big brake swap. I know he's been gathering parts.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      I expect he means big brake swap. I know he's been gathering parts.
      bummer....but a big brake swap is good too

Comment

Yeah sorry for the confusion. A new engine will go in once the oil pan on this car no longer hold its oil (which looks to be soon judging by the amount of rust and silicon holding the thing together)...at that time a 6speed will be dropped into place as well. Brand new engine and brand new 6speed. No holding back.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

cool.....i almost put a 1970 429 in my old 91 ltd....but after lookin at what it was gonna cost...i ended up trading the 429 for a low mileage 85 351w h.o. out of a f-150.......

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
            cool.....i almost put a 1970 429 in my old 91 ltd....but after lookin at what it was gonna cost...
            Cost of the installation or the gas to keep it running?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
              Cost of the installation or the gas to keep it running?
              BOTH!!!!!....lol.....actually id imagine the fuel cost would have been pretty similar...the 429 was a 2bbl....the 351 ended up with a bigger holly 4bbl than what came factory.....there were clearance problems with puttin a big block in the car...so LOTS of modification would have to be done....probably would need to reshape the trans tunnel for the c6.....the driveshaft would have needed cut and shortened ,trans crossmember would need modified etc......(not to mention that im not sure if the engine would clear the wiper motor.....)

Comment

Had a weird sound in the front end. Traced it down to the inner tie rod. Pulled it, pierced the booty with a grease syringe and pumped it up. Probably replace it once if it bothers me again.

Also leaned up the interior glass, vinyl and dash. 303 on all the vinyl. Gosh it looks good.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Repopped hood liner arrived today. NICE looking piece. 1" thick. I have not taken out of the package yet but it looks promising. I will blow in some Hot Chocolate Metallic paint and clear underneath the hood first before it gets installed. Also received a bunch of new clips.

Also gotta shorten the exhaust. Body bushing swap threw everything off kilter...exhaust is right on the bumper. Makes nasty sound and vibration.
                  ~David~

Comment

can't adjust the hangers any?

Fun with wiring harnesses. I spent some 2 hours identifying each wire in the 3 connectors on the 2001 harness that I need to deal with in order to interface it with the 93 harness. Taking an eye break, then I get to do the same with the 93 harness. I know its going to have extra wiring on both sides, and of course since the plugs don't mate up I'll have to change connectors. This should be a fucking blast. Maybe if I'm really lucky it will even run, but I'm going to guarantee it will have a check engine lamp.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah I think that should do it. When I mentioned this problem to my dad that was the first thing he mentioned....Plus I like the idea of not cutting things if you do not have to.
                      ~David~

Comment

Woke up at 5am today with one thing on my mind....To paint! Pulled into the driveway and began masking her off for a fresh coat of paint underneath the hood....fresh coat of matching paint I should say. Why? Well because I had purchased a new REM repro. hood liner and I wanted everything to look good, not just okay. Making it look good would involve color matching the under hood with the outside of the car. After I had her masked up I gray scotch brited everything down to a nice dull finish and then wax and grease removed everything. Sprayed a couple coats adhesion promoter, mixed some lacquer thinner with some A88 paint I had left and filled my preval sprayer up and went to town. After I followed it up with clear coat. So happy I went through the trouble of doing it the correct way.

Anyways the hood liner I purchased through this ebay seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/310338313135...84.m1439.l2649

and I purchased new clips through them as well. The liner is nice and fits perfect. No complaints whatsoever.

The rubber glove you may see attached to the air intake with a zip tie is actually the ends to my oil cooler...

The mounted cooler:

I also washed the car today because I had the time...

~David~

Comment

I wish you'd stop posting pictures. It just makes me feel guilty that I have no motivation to make my engine compartment look that good. I'd like it to look like that, but I can't quite seem to make myself spend the time on it.

Comment

It sure did take a while to make it look that way. Years back that engine bay was just plain disgusting.....now it is at least presentable.
                            ~David~

Comment

really looks dave first things I noticed was how shinny the vinyl is that 303 sure does make it shinny

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                It sure did take a while to make it look that way. Years back that engine bay was just plain disgusting.....now it is at least presentable.

Presentable? It's practically edible now

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X