No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takes a lot of work to get these cars that way. Hopefully, power returns and we can see my '87 GM as July's POTM (maybe by August??). Maybe once it gets posted we can get an extension for the amount of time it should have been up. Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Thanks guys.

Bobby you would probably have an extension...just because it gets up late most of the time.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Dave. Most important is that our fellow mangs get back to "normal" as soon as possible!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Just purchased an Autometer 2" Arctic White 7K tachometer. As I am aging I desire a cleaner look wherever I can get it. This tachometer will go into my a pillar gauge pod and allow me to eliminate the steering column mounted sunpro tachometer I currently run on the vehicle.

Luckily this gauge look almost identical to the sunpro gauges I currently have inside the car.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Autometer gauge arrived today. After thinking about it I will now strike the air fuel ration gauge (may go up for sale (cheap)..and it has green illumination) and the new tachometer will go into its place. I just pulled the amp gauge (was just show really showing off my craftsmanship with the gauge pod) out of the gauge pod and pulled the bezel and glass out of it and swapped it onto the new autometer tach. The arctic white autometer gauges have a slightly different "old school" bezel and domed glass. This should leave me with a nice clean looking dash board. No more a pillar gauge pod or steering column mounted tachometer. I am psyched to get this started.....just too hot and fearing taking apart the dash yet again. lol
            ~David~

Comment

Simplicity at its finest

No more a pillar gauge pod (previously housed an amp gauge)

Nice and clear steering column (was encompassed by a tachometer until today)

Awesome customized autometer arctic white mini tachometer (customized because I installed the sunpro glass and bezel onto it)

From afar...all of the gauges look like they are of the same brand

Overall

Job was quick.....I know my shit....and I have handy cardboard sheets that hold the screws in their correct positions while removed from the dash.

Very happy with how it turned out!

So in all I struck an air fuel ratio gauge, and amp gauge (which sacrificed its bezel and glass for the Autometer tach, and a Sunpro steering column mounted tachometer.
              ~David~

Comment

Nice!!!

Packman

Comment

Thanks Jacob..

I ordered this gauge from summit. Gauge box arrived cut open, and security seal was breached. I let summit know that I was not happy about receiving a $120 new item in opened condition. They are now sending me a $25 gift card....aka suckering me into purchasing that 1 1/4" front addco sway bar.
                  ~David~

Comment

Most unfortunate! These days you have to open the outer box to inspect the items purchased for problems like that. I have rejected stuff bought for work and home because of that. I hope the gauge wasn't damaged. I ordered some cleaning supplies from Griot's Garage and the tape was pushed in so somebody could have a peek at what I was buying. Luckily nothing was missing or that would have went back to Griot's.

Packman

Comment

That does make the dash look so much better. Clean and simple. Looking at it now, I'm thinking that the Ford oval now looks too busy for the rest of the dash. Something more subtle, maybe a smaller oval (if possible) might look better in its place?

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Gauge works fine Jacob. There I was lucky because before I even checked if it worked I swapped the glass and bezel!

Scott, I once tried to remove the emblem. Unfortunately I used such a strong adhesive (permetex ultra gray silicon) that the coating on the dash just pulled off. I have another dash panel.....but I would have to go through cutting everything out again and whatnot. I will just live with it even though I would much prefer a stock LTD...etc etc emblem in its place.....My car didn't come with one there.
                        ~David~

Comment

hmmm. Dusty thread. I am ashamed.

Today I washed and detailed the car, swapped on the v6 wheels and tried o my custom car cover.

Thing fits mint

Best one available

Under teh covers:

I did pull a set of Town Car underseat lights during my last JY visit. Those will get installed eventually. I have not totally abandoned this car.

OH I also installed the aluminum mini spare in teh car today. Weight saving FTW.
                          ~David~

Comment

Wow that cover is awesome! I looked up the specs and you weren't kidding! i'm glad it's under a cover, definitely deserves it! Let us know how it does against the rain, that's the one thing i hate about the cheaper car covers like the one i have, not water resistant/proof in the least.
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

cheap car covers are sometimes worse than no cover, especially if they don't keep the water out.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Those are nice and compact. Stuff easily into a small bag. I see you have it secured at the front and rear.

That is the setup I use on the Mercedes. The Marauder cover predates that system. It has one line across the middle and another from front to back in the center of the bumpers. The newer system is better.

My Marauder cover was a custom return I got on EBAY in 04. I did not know what custom enhancement it had when I bought it. Turned out it was for a spoiler. What were the odds someone custom ordered a CV cover with spoiler and returned it, then it gets bought by a guy with a spoiler? That one is also the earlier version of the fabric when it was plain Weathershield.

They are great covers. No cover lasts forever but these are very good and durable. I do not think you could have gotten a better one for outside storage.
                                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
                                X