My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, Gotta love that two tone.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

nice cover!
      i had a high end one that came with my 84 mustang svo, i was told it was over 300 bucks in the early 90's

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

This cover was $500! But for the amount of money I have into the car $500 is cheap insurance to give it some protection.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

cool.

It's funny, when you see it from the side covered, it's REALLY obvious that the tudors had basically (exactly?) the same roofline as sedans. It sounds crazy if you look at a tudor alone from the side normally. As soon as you can only see the profile, it's obvious.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Yeah its the same damn thing. I had to argue with the salesmen from JcWhitney about that.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Had the car cover on for a long while now. Had to have been about a month and I cannot express how pleased I am with it. It has snowed and rained between then and now and underneath the cover lies the car just as I left it, minty fresh after its hand washing and wax job. Simply amazing. Not one spec of dust or dirt and absolutely NO water got though it. Again I purchased it though JC Whitney and it was the COVERCRAFT WEATHERSHIELD HP CUSTOM FIT OUTDOOR CAR & TRUCK COVERS.
              ~David~

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

nice, thanks for the update. might look at getting one. GMGT might have to sit outside next year, so my 30 dollar cover wont cut it lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

No problemo Julian. It is awesome when it is raining on the car with the cover as the water flows right off of the material.
                    ~David~

Comment

thats it, most covers are water resistant, not water repellent.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

It will change a bit after it has been out in the weather for an extended time. the water will not bead and run as at originally did. It is actually impressive the water looks like ice.
                        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Cover is still doing well. Speaking of cover I removed it today to move the car around into the back yard (street is getting torn up tomorrow) and I did a brake stand and the clutches are dead in the rear. Pitiful one wheel peel. I see 3.73's clutch kit and a rear girdle in the Brown Blobs future.
                          ~David~

Comment

Yes! If you got access to a lift, paint the rear axle. It'll make the rear girdle look more impressive.

I did that to my CV and looking from behind (plus the exhaust), it's beginning to get the reputation that the Malibu had, except people know better this time around. Which will make it all better when I put something under the hood that will actually run. LOL

BTW, how was New Years? Did you steal a kiss from J McCarthy or did you run away? I hope you chose the latter as she scares me.

Packman

Comment

not much point in that unless you have enough motor in front of the rear to actually risk some damage. A lopo ain't there.

Putting together a parts list to finish rebuilding my Stromberg-Carlson amplifier. Its got enough parts out of spec that I've decided to just replace everything. It should cost me another $8 or something in components. Woo.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

She has a strange hair line but I'd tap that. lol

Good new years Jacob, Thanks. Smuggled a girl friend of mine onto the grounds around 9pm............I left Times Square at 3:30 when truck was packed with all of its gear.

I'd plan to paint the axle as well.

Thain. I build stuff for the future. Crate engine is saved up for ten fold plus already. Just a matter of when. Rear girdle wont hurt for the time being.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X