X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMS-M-4033-K

FMS-M-4209-88373

RMG-8310431

My too be summit order. If i get a Christmas bonus order this year (would be in my check coming this week) I'll make the call.

Just do not know about speedometer gear.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-02-2013, 06:18 PM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'd get a nifty powder coating on that cover.......

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        not much point in that unless you have enough motor in front of the rear to actually risk some damage. A lopo ain't there.
        Definitely not. But in 87gtVic's case, his clean azz engine compartment would make one think that he might have something in there to test the new rear diff components We know that Dave has something up his sleeve for that car though.

To this day, I come across people that ask me what I had in my Malibu. Sometimes I lie and say I had the 496 BBC in there until the end. Then that person walks off assured that they made the right choice in not racing me. I usually tell them that I had the slightly mod'ed 305 sbc from a truck in there. The look of disgust and disappointment is priceless.

Sorry for the threadjack Dave

Oh Dave, try MustangsUnlimited for the speedo gear. I think they had a 3.73 speedo gear for an AOD listed.

Packman
        Last edited by packman; 01-04-2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I have a 23 tooth gear in my Mark... it still reads high (has 4.10 gears or so). So I know they make it. Haven't seen it stocked though. You might have to resort to one of those gear ratio adapters like they put on some of the fox body stangs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I did some calculations with my tire size and too be rear end ratio and I came to the conclusion I would benefit from a 17 tooth speedo gear. I fond one on ebay that is 17 tooth and made for ford AOD. Should work....
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Ryan also has the original 17 tooth gear out of my 93 vic (same gear as for the AOD) as mine is sporting the 21 tooth one now.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I has a spare 17 tooth. If you need.

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Yay Finally got my hands on one!

No clue when it will get installed. I have way too much shit backlogged with this car.
                  ~David~

Comment

Nice! I don't know what you have for shops around your way, but maybe you can get an engine built with whatever parts you choose for that CV; and use the intake that you just got? I can only kind of imagine what kind of show&go engine you got planned for that car.

Packman

Comment

When the time comes I am still committed to picking one out of a catalog and popping this intake on it....make it mass air HO and call it done.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        I has a spare 17 tooth. If you need.

-ryan s.
                        Now I am having second thoughts. I already have a 3.55 ring and pinion.......I could save a bunch of dough using that.
                        ~David~

Comment

There's nothing wrong with a more sensible performance upgrade and you won't loose as much highway mpg that way. Not to mention the extra monies!
                          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                          sigpic
                          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Scrapped the ring and pinion idea all together. Just purchased a Ford racing clutch rebuild kit, the rear girdle AND a 1 1/4 front sway bar.
                            ~David~

Comment

I cant remember if you mentioned it but, what is your rear gear ratio? Im guessing 3.08? If your going through with rebuilding clutches, maybe 3.27s can be of use?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yeah 3.08's.

Dad agreed to clutch replacements only....so be it.

He knows I bitch a lot so I can only assume he didn't want to here me whine if there would be any whines after a rear gear swap.

I'm just happy I'll have my track-lock back again.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X