No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol, awesome burnouts. You have posi right?

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
      lol, awesome burnouts. You have posi right?
      Yep.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

is that something you can do on your own or is that something you would recommend taking the car to the shop for

Comment

I would say you should go to a shop for it. And at the same time i would recommend installing a better gear ratio...like 3.55's or 3.73's. If you are interested in getting it done i would recommend having Scott aka (Lincolnmania) do the job for you. He has his own section on this forum called "Scotts automotive service" and he would be happy to help you out.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice Dave!

But you arent supposed to do them in front of your house!!!! lol...
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

lol I know. I just didnt want to lay the camera away from the car somewhere that i am not around from just in case someone starts chasing me.
              ~David~

Comment

oh nice a shameless scott plug lol
                yea i can give you a reasonable price on a gear swap and trac lock install, just make a post in my forum or send me a pm mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Dave! any updates on the car?? when ya plan on getting the whole thing painted?
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Sadly no updates of that sort. I did get new tires three weeks ago, and i did sound deaden a bunch of the interior though. I should get pics of that up.

I dont really know when this car will be finished. I definitely wont be finished for Scottfest. At this point i just hope it gets completed in my life time. Pretty much the entire car needs to be worked over, it will still be a while. That is how it goes when you are working off of someones else's schedule.
                    ~David~

Comment

New Tires and Sound Deadener Installation

Here are some pictures of my new tires. They are General Grabber UHP's 255 50 17's. I really like them. The fill up the wheel wells very nicely as compared to the old 245 45 17's, they handle fine and the ride is softer now with that extra side wall.

And since i have no interior in my car i decided to add sound deadening to it. I used a product called "Quick Roof" found at Home Depot. It goes on very easy, you cut it to size roll it on and you are done. It made a tremendous difference. I think it is really worth it. I was notified of a product called Protecto Wrap or something similar that is the same price for 25 more feet of material but the thickness between the two products in non comparable. Quick Roof has it beat.

I sound deadened the roof and the interior 1/4 panels so far.

~David~

Comment

Nice work!!!
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

How much did it cost you for how much material? How thick is it? Is it asphalt based or butyl based? I'm guessing asphalt since it sounds like it's roofing material?

Also, I like how your camera's autofocus was wigging out at all the smoke, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                            How much did it cost you for how much material? How thick is it? Is it asphalt based or butyl based? I'm guessing asphalt since it sounds like it's roofing material?

Also, I like how your camera's autofocus was wigging out at all the smoke, lol.
                            The cost was 17 dollars a roll. The roll is 6 inches by 25 feet. Five puncture resistant layers. It doesnt say how thick it is and it probably is asphalt based, but no oder is present even when the car was hot from standing in the sun. http://cofair.com/roof.aspx

lol I noticed the auto focus having a heart attack as well.
                            ~David~

Comment

wow. must have a pretty quiet interior now!
                              Great job mang!
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Yea it really is quite now. I drove the car bare empty for many months now and after installing the sound deadening it really made a difference. I am not nearly done with it though. I want to do the doors the 1/4's in the trunk and still finish up the interior 1/4's. I really hope that once the interior goes back into the car that it will be dead silent, or as close to it as possible.

eventually if i find some police buckets then i will rip out the carpet again, throw the deadener down there and some nice smooshy under carpet padding and have one nice soft quite ride.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X