My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what maf do you need to match on that?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Not so sure how that all works but a 24# maf I would have to guess.

I'll probably have to purchase a marauder air box as well because mine has the card style maf. All of the other mafs I see are different.

Now I see 24# mafs come in all different size tubes....mm wise. I don;t know what that means or if it makes a difference.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

oh boy/....Just purchased a MAF from an MKVIII...one step closer.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

use a stock MAF and tune the ECM to match the injectors. The "calibrated" MAF just feeds a modified signal to fool the computer into thinking its getting less airflow in order to shorten the pulse on the injectors so they more or less work right. It doesn't really fix it 100% and it won't optimize fuel or spark curves to an engine that actually needs more injector. If you're running a MAF other than what went with your particular ECM, you program the MAF curve into the ECM and you're golden.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

David, you will be doing an engine swap in no time! None of this next year crap

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Highly unlikely. I want all of the suspension stuff done before the go fast stuff.

Thain I understand what you are saying. I see there is a lot of confusion surrounding the net with how mafs work. I see aftermarket mafs are calibrated to trick the computer, ford mafs are just mafs and the information is changed in the computer to work with the maf. At least that is a very rudimentary way af me describing maf.
              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Highly unlikely. I want all of the suspension stuff done before the go fast stuff.
                That's how I am doing it. After the engine goes in, then it's paint time. I learned with my old Malibu that putting in a 496BBC just kills the [stock] suspension. DOing the suspension and engine work after painting will promote scratches. Lesson learned......the hard way.

Packman

Comment

rebuilt ford/ denso 24# injectors came in today! Made me pull out the fuel rail from the shed. Will clean it up tomorrow and maybe even paint it the as well. If not paint will happen Friday.

Also picked up a set of NIB Ford Racing 3.73 rear gears for a song.
                  ~David~

Comment

Installed the injectors onto the fuel rail then onto the lower intake.......wrapped everything back up and put it back on the shelf.

~David~

Comment

Looks nice and clean. It's probably already answered somewhere in this thread, but what cam are you using with 24 pounders? And are you using an A9P computer?
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Thanks...that is just the tip of the iceberg......you wait until everything is bolted onto that engine.....a year or two from now. lol

A9P and here is the part number for the cam: TFS-51403001

It is the cam from the TFS Top End kit from Summit.
                        ~David~

Comment

perty

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Sweet!!
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Welp...TFS 170 heads are on the way......got a deal on a new set through the corral.
                              ~David~

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                                X