No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant pressing the rubber out of the shell... using that bushing press mounted to the control arm and pressing on the rubber core to push the rubber through. Large deep impact socket as the pusher. That's what I was thinking.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The rubber is bonded, it may not let go.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

with enough pressure, it'll rip out if nothing else. Then just burn out the little bit that's left behind.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

When I did the poly bushing swap last week I noticed that the rear coil spring isolators were in piss poor shape. Rock auto to the rescue and I now have nice isolators in the car again!

Also cleaned up my hpps some more.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

So much for those clean hpps...

Went for a cruise this afternoon. 'bout 30minutes from home the damn front end starts bouncing and I need to give it more gas to keep up with the traffic. FUCK what is it. Look for a safe place to pull over and by that time the bouncing/thumping in the front end stops..I try to brake and I have faded brakes . CRAP I must have a frozen caliper. Sure enough the p.side front caliper is smoking and the hpp is full of brake dust. What to do...What to do...I don't even have a fire extinguisher on board is this goes up in flames.

Well I turned home and lugged the car along at 50 mph making sure to keep PLENTY of distance between cars as I have super faded hot brakes. Make it home and the caliper musta let loose somewhere on the nerve wracking journey back because everything is fine and I am just left with a black hpp.

This is the second time a caliper has locked up on me. Maybe now my dad will agree with me putting on the big brakes I have sitting around for 2 years now.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

hope so. I would love to do big brakes on my cars, but need HPPs... and big brake parts... and I got neither, nor monies right now. Everything for the little bit and paying off my debt (as car repairs allow).

Comment

Wanna take care of the motor mounts at the same time...those are siting on the shelf right now as well. I am fed up with the fan buzzing the shroud from time to time.
                ~David~

Comment

Well I dropped another couple bills on the camshaft from the tfs top end kit (was the only piece remaining out of everything I needed for the engine build up) as well as a brandy new longacre digital camber/caster gauge kit and a set of toe plates. Wanna get the measurements of the current alignment before I go ahead with teh suspension rebuild so I know what I need to set everything to when I am done.
                  ~David~

Comment

Both my 89s froze a caliper on me. On the MGM I can't believe it didn't catch fire.
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      This is the second time a caliper has locked up on me. Maybe now my dad will agree with me putting on the big brakes I have sitting around for 2 years now.
                      The calipers on these cars love to fail for no reason. I have 6 or 7 dead ones laying around. At least they are dirt cheap.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Dirt cheap could possible be the reason for all of this fail.
                        ~David~

Comment

+1 good southern living. No issues with any of mine so far. Only brake issue I've had is one brake line on the Mark (passenger front) sprung a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            My father isn't too crazy about me modifying the brakes on the CV as well. He said for legal reasons, the brake mods can be used against you if an accident should occur.

I hope you're able to get that brake situation straightened out.

Packman

Comment

I'd rather take solace in the fact that the car stops than dealing with shitty stock brakes for fear of being sued.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Camshaft came in and I went and picked up a set of header studs. The summit ceramic headers I purchased used did not have the studs on them to connect to the h pipe. To be honest on my car now I am just using nuts and bolts to hold on the stang headers currently, but with the new build I am trying to do things more proper/ cleaner. Besides not having to dick around with a wrench to tighten down the h pipe to headers will bring much enjoyment.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X