Clear All

Here are some pics:

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thanks for the pics are those rigging thimbles and crosbys
      Last edited by rellik god; 12-18-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

I know for sure the thing with the smooth curve is a thimble. No clue what a crosby is. I picked up what you see there at home depot. The turnbuckle was in a separate package. All stainless steel.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A tip passed along from Scott, eye ends work better than the hook ends. The hooks spread over time. If you get a closed eye and can weld it shut, thats even better.\

Crosby is a brand name of cable clamps and shackles. You has.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks for the tip Thain I'd have to pick up a steel turnbuckle to do so.....welding stainless is not so easy from what I hear. I may be safe though as in all of my years of ownership of the vic I have never used the parking/e- brake.
            ~David~

Comment

yeah I dont use mine either. It won't open up on it's own.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Closer to completion.

Brake lines are plumbed in and bled. Shock and springs installed as well as neato hubcentric 1.25" spacers.

Part numbers for the brakes and parking brake riggings

Oh and something to top it all off.

~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Oh and something to top it all off.

The neat touches like that really put your car on the next level. I love it.
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I really applaud your efforts and dedication to this car, especially so given that you are working without the convenience of a garage.

Comment

Looks GREAT!

Pete
                      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

No surprise here - Dave ALWAYS does class, CLEAN work and the photo of the labels/part numbers is epic "Dave detail"!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Nicely executed!!! I wish this work was done last year. I woulda endeavoured to switch over to discs when swapping the rear diff.

Packman

Comment

Thanks everyone. Jacob.....not like I am the only one to ever do this by any means.....The guys on here lead me into the right direction....though I have been slowly reseraching it for a number of years...like since before thains town car was painted by Nick. I took some pics of Thains car up on stands while at Scotts place.

Well what do you think?

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-20-2013, 04:59 PM.
                            ~David~

Comment

That car looks so fucking good with HPP's.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I think I have the round Disc Brakes one on my car. Whats the Four Wheel Disc from?

Looks good. Just make sure you torque those wheel spacers on or you'll be shopping for a quarter panel. BTDT.

Comment

Working...
                                X