My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Just organized all of my receipts for this car into a nice 3" binder. Collector card protector sleeves hold the store receipts while full sheet clear protectors hold onto the web receipts. I did it all in chronological order. Some receipts date back to 2005! Here is to another 9 years.
    Nice work.

I did the same for my '84 Towncar as it had a load of receipts from the original owner.

You probably already thought of this but perhaps print out this entire thread on 3-hole paper and include it in your binder.

Comment

Got all the receipts both for "outside" repairs and mine (parts) for all three cars.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I started throwing all of my receipts in a JEGS box since I started collecting parts for the engine swap. I had a friend that lost his car because the state claimed the engine in his car was stolen; they auctioned the car off before he could save the money to get it out of the impound lot. At the time (1995), none of us kept receipts; we did after that.

Plus Dave, it's a good idea to keep a record of what work has been put into the car (by you). That way the Mustang, Chevelle, and Corvette crowd can see what a real home-built resto-rod is.

Packman

Comment

Ford racing hydrolic roller lifters, ford racing harmonic balancer and neato Ford 20th speedometer gear arrived. It is 9 degrees outside. I will not be putting the speedometer gear in anytime soon.....

Just realized I need to make up a new sig pic. Those wheels now belong to another members panther..
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Put in the 20tooth speedo gear in place of the 19tooth one. I ain't testing it as it is wet outside. Will have to wait.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Roads dried up and I hit 'em hard. Speedometer still reads faster than I am actually moving according to my Garmin GPS but the gap has definitely been narrowed. I don't know if I can get anything closer. Suggested speedo gear based on tire size and axle ratio is 19.5. Sites said closest match is 20. Still off with it. Who the hell knows the police certified 140 speedo could be throwing a curve ball to everything here!

This was the first time I personally drove the car (passenger last time as I was dead tired from working new years in times square) with the rear end upgrade (3.73's and rear discs) and the car flat out boogies. Holy fuck is it a different animal out of the hole. On the parkway even at around 55 the thing just pulls past everyone if I want it too. The top end definitely took a hit though. All in all the car flat out pulls and stops on a dime. I have no complaints whatsoever with the rear discs in my car with the stock master and booster set up. Everything just works out great.
              ~David~

Comment

How far off is your speedo, compared to the GPS?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Speedometer was saying 105 GPS was saying 94 or so. I as not going that fast for an extended period though so I don;t know if there is a lag or not in the reading. Around town though 35 on the speedo is 33 on the gps. All approximate readings.
                  ~David~

Comment

so about 10% fast, or 1mph for every 10. Maybe try a 21? Dunno. Hate to suggest just winging parts at it, but its either that or you find a shop that can calibrate speedometers so you can have yours verified. Trouble is, if it checks out you're still stuck with it reading wrong.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I will probably try the 21er next lol. Little thinks like this irk me to no end. I thought I have heard that the 21er die prematurely though...whatever I'll give it a shot. I will have a whole stash of these by the time I am done with this!
                      ~David~

Comment

Bright side is if the 21 tooth don't work I only have one more increment to try and that would be a 23 tooth one. Well it is cheap enough to order at 14 and change shipped to my door.....
                        ~David~

Comment

You are getting closer. With my lentech AOD and my 3.73 ratio, I was told to try a 21-23 tooth gear.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I've had brand new cars that had a speedo off by that much!
                            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                            Past Panthers
                            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

That has got to be frustrating.
                              ~David~

Comment

Speaking of frustrating....

Putting in the newer 21 tooth speedometer gear I noticed the floor pan drain plug was weeping. Pop it out and water comes out...FUCK. Pulled out the entire interior. Cannot tell where the water came from. Wet firewall padding only on the drivers side and only on the floor pan. No wetness up the firewall. interior stays out until I find out where the water is coming from.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X