No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sprayed the interior of the trunk cavities with heavy duty anti rust. Black oily product that prevents rust from forming. Said to never dry and is easily removable with thinners if every desired.

No pics but it is simple

-Hit any visible rust with the needle scaler
    -hit all areas you want to preserve (basically EVERYTHING) with the needle scaler
    -wire wheel the pits (if any) you can access
    -clean everything with lacquer thinner
    -put a couple coats of rust encapsulator (eastwood)
    -seam seal any and all seams inside and out
    -apply internal frame coating inside any factory holes to ensure total coverage of metal
    -touch up any areas the green frame coating dripped out with rattle can rust encasulator
    -spray interior panel with heavy duty anti rust after everything else has been done (basically an oil)

ON other areas where more rust is present I will apply rust converter before the rust encapsulator is brushed on.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Got a few nice pay checks in and decided to treat myself. Have some head dowels, a piston stop and a torque converter coming in. Really the only things left to purchase would be a quarter house, a wide band air fuel ratio gauge (going with an autometer 7378), water pump and short block (with pistons). Maybe next year lol. This year is about cleaning up the underside and welding any holes and rust shut with panels. Frame is getting extreme chassis black and the body with getting rust encapsulated after an extreme cleaning and stripping of whatever may be already on there. After that is replacing the fenders and maybe popping on that NOS door I have. I have to de scale the lip of the trunk lid and the bottom of the p.side door. Those will get de scaled rust converted, rust encapsulated, body filler to smooth the pits, seam sealer and paint. Busy years ahead of me. But hey what are project cars for?
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well she still looks half decent after all these years....

I had this neato 80'sish ignition lock cover refinished. It fit almost perfect. Hazard button does not stick through the hole under the column. It did come from a fox cougar though....so I am happy it fits this much!

This is what it looked like before:

And this is the after:

I put carpet on the inside and door edge guard on the edges.

Installed:

Here she rests under the covers:

~David~

Comment

Dave aka "Mr. Clean" is at it again and a always, ME LIKEY!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

How does that gizmo secure, just a padlock? Never seen one of those before, neat stuff.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Only 1/2 decent? It looks great. And, oh no - gnomes!

Those column locks are the bomb. Best way to keep rats out.

Pete
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                Dave aka "Mr. Clean" is at it again and a always, ME LIKEY!!!
                Make that "as always".

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Beautiful!!!

Packman

Comment

Looks freaking great man!

I have a similar (I think?) ignition lock thing on my 96 Oldsmobile Ciera. It was my grandmothers and I don't know where she got it from. Mine has a spot where you can still get the key in normally but it basically clam shells the whole column. It's a direct perfect fit. Maybe mine was a dealer option?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      How does that gizmo secure, just a padlock? Never seen one of those before, neat stuff.
                      The gizmo secures via pad lock of your choice. The only reason I picked it up was because I never seen one either. Dad found it in a cougar at Harrys and showed it to me. I had to have it as a novelty.

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                      Only 1/2 decent? It looks great. And, oh no - gnomes!

Those column locks are the bomb. Best way to keep rats out.

Pete
                      Thanks

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                      Make that "as always".
                      Thank you.

Originally posted by packman View Post
                      Beautiful!!!

Packman
                      Thanks mang.

Originally posted by slack View Post
                      Looks freaking great man!

I have a similar (I think?) ignition lock thing on my 96 Oldsmobile Ciera. It was my grandmothers and I don't know where she got it from. Mine has a spot where you can still get the key in normally but it basically clam shells the whole column. It's a direct perfect fit. Maybe mine was a dealer option?
                      Yeah she still shines up. Thanks.
                      ~David~

Comment

Car still looks stunning , always enjoy seeing your pics....your car needs to be featured in an article in a magazine like Car Craft....great story of a body-off resto accomplished without a garage and only hand tools.
                        Last edited by Louis; 04-04-2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

I wish I could have done a body off resto. The closest the body got off the chassis was when I replaced the body mounts. Thanks for the kind words.
                          ~David~

Comment

Dave, keep the HPP's on! They look so good on that car!
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Needs the mesh part of the HPP's painted dark brown

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That would be too PIMP!

I do plan on running the HPPS year round in 2014. They do have snow/winter tires on them but who gives a fuck. I never would drive the car in the winter/snow anyways so I might as well get use of the tires.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X