No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No such thing, as ''too PIMP!'' Trust me...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

7 hours of needle scaling, and wire wheeling and the frame and trunk pan area (second body mount from the back) area all cleaned up and rust encapsulated. Friday I will scuff up the chassis and paint on my extreme chassis black. Next job is above the rear axle. It will get the same treatment.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You are a trooper, friend! Dedication is a hell of a thing. I get people still asking me, "why put money into a grand'pa car? You need a mustang!" I lol.

Comment

I think that way myself sometimes....
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            I think that way myself sometimes....

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              Ha. Stems from the fact that the car (in my eyes) needs a lot of work. WOuld be nice to purchase something newer needing none of my labor. It is exhausting working on this damned car. Don;t get me wrong I do like this car a lot, but holy fuck when will it be done.
              ~David~

Comment

Project cars are not meant to be done/finished

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  I get people still asking me, "why put money into a grand'pa car? You need a mustang!" I lol.

All the time. I tell them, everyone has a Mustang or Camaro.
                  1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

THe last time I thought my car was done for a while it lost a wheel and then got backed in to. I should have left something unfinished.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Your car went from grandpa vehicle to cool car a long time ago my friend...you do great work, and the way you treat the car it's well worth it, and will last a long time. Hell, at the very least you inspire me to work harder on my own panther (and many others), if that means anything to you.
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by HiFiMerc View Post
                        All the time. I tell them, everyone has a Mustang or Camaro.
                        I tell people the same thing. Everyones got those cars. Not a lot of people appreciate nice 4 door cars nor do you see many of them anymore.

'93 T-bird
                        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                        '88 Mark VII
                        '86 CV

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          7 hours of needle scaling, and wire wheeling and the frame and trunk pan area (second body mount from the back) area all cleaned up and rust encapsulated. Friday I will scuff up the chassis and paint on my extreme chassis black. Next job is above the rear axle. It will get the same treatment.
                          Im so glad I live in the south, as long as u keep it clean and maintained rust is rare...but in the end you appreciate a hand built car more then one u just bought.
                          1997 Ford F-250 Light Duty 5.4 (Betty)
                          1991 Ford Aerostar 3.0 (Papi)
                          1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 5.0(Undecided)

Comment

I bought a 2012 Mustang GT once.

I don't own it any more. But it was nice. Leather, nice sound system, quiet, efficient, really run to drive, reliable, etc. I had considered replacing it, but have since decided against it.

Most folks would love to have a hot rod with a warranty, understandably. My mind is perverse in the sense that I'd rather have something built. I'd rather have something where the drivetrain is on the cusp of "streetability"; and I would sacrifice all power options, air conditioning, and even the radio (wouldn't hear it anyway) in the name of it. The type of car that you think has no business being driven on the street.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

NEVER bwuuuhahahahaha.

Rust never sleeps, but a southern man don't need it around anyhow

Pete
                              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Just tell them: If I bought a camaro/mustang, I'd have to grow out a mullet and start beating my wife!
                                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                                X