No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All my cars have been different.. The Vic's came on super early and this TC's is on at the last minute LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

with the 88... E is enough. the 93... E = fumes. The Lincoln... E=last gallon-ish.

all 3 have low fuel lights and all 3 come on at about 1/8 left.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The 03 I've gone well over 10 miles after the dash says '0 to empty'. Based on the refill there's a gallon or so reserve in there.

The S-10 I think has about a 1/4 tank left on empty.

Pete
        For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
        1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
        1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Never let my cars get to 1/4 and usually not under 1/2. Doesn't the fuel lube AND cool the pump??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I have noticed the low fuel light comes on early on these, only takes 13-14 when I fill after. I still try not to get below 1/4 but things happen...

Sent from the crapper
            1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
              The low fuel light on my wagon comes on stupid early. Usually only takes 13 or so gallons once it lights up. I always heed it's advice though. If the Battle Wagon wants gas, I'm getting it gas.
              Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
              I have noticed the low fuel light comes on early on these, only takes 13-14 when I fill after. I still try not to get below 1/4 but things happen...

Sent from the crapper
              Same here. Usually when the light comes on I put in around 13 gallons of gas. My '91 GMQ was the same way.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

The Mark VII has the goofy pessimist DTE function. It will start nagging at 50 miles to empty. It takes about 20 miles at most to go from 50 to 0 DTE. It starts to beep at 50, again at 25, then at 10, 5, and 0, so basically you end up putting gas in to make it STFU. I've filled the 20 gallon tank at 0 DTE, and not put more than 17 gallons in there. That guage is batty as hell though, so I don't push my luck with it.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

More newness to add to the pile of parts...

Top of the line air fuel ratio gauge from autometer. They had a deal going on where if you spend over 300 you get 30 back. I combined this with my 20 coupon and got a sweet deal. Came with the o2 sensor, the bung to weld in, and an awesome weatherpack connector at the o2 sensor and a nice multi pin connector at the rear of the gauge. Will be nice!
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    Whoa, WHERE did you get that pod? Or is it just one of the generic form-to-fit ones and you heated it up to shape it?
                    The fit looks perfect.

Current driver: wagon
                    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                    | 88 TC | 91 GM
                    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

Thanks. The fit is perfect. I made that one up 6 or so years ago. Generic sunpro gauge cage heated to fit the pillar.
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wideband A/F meter ? Can't quite read it, but I think thats what it say. Those are a lot more useful than the narrow band ones. Those constantly say lean or rich, since thats pretty much how narrow oxy sensors operate.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeppers. Figured it would be quite benifficial for me to have one when the new engine goes in her considering that I will be tuning with a quarterhorse.
                          ~David~

Comment

Is there a pillar pod available that will fit on a box or would one have to be heated?

Comment

No that is why I made it fit.
                              ~David~

Comment

Today I clayed the windows, installed new windshield wipers (bosch micro edges), cleaned and steam cleaned the wheels, replaced a dented drivers side highbeam headlight housing bezel, as well as installed the neato ceramic headlight connector housings from http://www.cycleterminal.com/headlight-connectors.html. Thanks kodiak for the link.

So from that website I picked up four ceramic h4 housings as well as two h4 male connectors in housings to use with my high beams.

Here is how the project started:

Taking the pieces off to get to the headlight connectors:

All of the goodies I had purchased from http://www.cycleterminal.com/headlight-connectors.html

These are how my low beams were connected:

And the high beams...as you can see I had no headlight connector housings as they broke years ago.

Drivers side low beam wired up. The protective bootie is not pulled over it yet:

Nice:

Both high and low on the d.side complete:

This shows how I used the male h4 housings:

Headlights in:

It works:

Drivers side complete:

Onto the passengers side...you get the idea...

Totally complete:

How the connectors look once headlights are mounted:

I put electrical grease over all of the connectors and bare wires at the connectors.

The ceramic pieces are very nice pieces and am glad I did this to my vehicle.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X