No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pertified, packed and ready to roll...PA Bound!

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Now THAT'S clean. Wow.

Nice! How long did it take?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

I'm diggin' the driveway and the surrounding grounds as well. NICE AND NEETO!!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
          Now THAT'S clean. Wow.

Nice! How long did it take?
          I was out at 6am and was all done at 11am.

Started with cleaning the wheels then pressure washed the engine bay and sprayed some 303 aerospace protectant in there. Car was pretty clean already because I never put it under the car cover dirty. Clayed the car then tired Meguiars swirlX. That did not work at all so I trashed that plan. Probably don't have the right tools to use it. I then polished it and waxed it. Meguiars ultimate polish and paste wax Wiped down all of the jambs then cleaned the windows down and rainxed them all. Douched the vinyl top down with 303 aerospace protectant and then moved onto the interior. Just a quick wipe down with interior detailer. Final touch was some Meguiars endurance tire shine.

Thanks.

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
          I'm diggin' the driveway and the surrounding grounds as well. NICE AND NEETO!!!
          Thats all the parents doing.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The grounds and the car nicely complement each other. One can't look it's best without the other.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Outstanding job. I am always amazed at the shine on that car.

Comment

Looking good! I wash my car probably twice a week! Can't have dirty whitewalls lol!

Comment

As Albert Popwell said to Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry..................."I gots to know, I gots to know"..........................well Dave, I gots to know, are you married, or living with a woman?

Comment

Have you seen how clean the car always is? Should that not answer the question?
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Your car is pretty much PERFECTION mate!
                      1988 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX

Comment

Thanks guys....No women to ruin my fun here.

Anyways...got home from SF and the drivers side door lock actuator rivet decided to pop off leaving my actuator flopping around. Pulled the door panel off and nut and bolted it in this time. Also The damned vibration noise came back while running out to PA this weekend. Bugged the snot out of me especially when running down the long gravel laid driveways to Ski Pla. I believe I have definitively found the issue. Passengers side spring making contact with the chassis' spring perch in an area it was not supposed to. Slit a piece of vacuum tubing and slipped it over the trouble spot on the spring perch. We'll see.....
                        ~David~

Comment

Just dealt with a spring rattle in my car too. So, I very much understand the annoyance.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Bahahahahahahahahah!!!!!
                            Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            Have you seen how clean the car always is? Should that not answer the question?

Comment

In NYC the acid rain cleans the car, and removes the paint!
                              Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                              Looking good! I wash my car probably twice a week! Can't have dirty whitewalls lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                                In NYC the acid rain cleans the car, and removes the paint!
                                Oh snap! How long does an umbrella last?
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X