My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a pic of my car while at SF.

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-13-2014, 06:38 PM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

They last about 5 NYC minutes, most are all China garbage, the first breeze unside out they go, and you know what happens next! Speaking of rain...freak rains in the metro NYC area today.......cars on the SS Pwky and LI under three to four feet of water!!
      Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
      Oh snap! How long does an umbrella last?

Comment

They make a windproof brolly* (*lol douchey unless you're British way of saying umbrella) that works pretty well supposedly, but I don't know if they stand up to NYC windtunnels/canyons.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

My poor baby has been sitting since SF. Just got caught up in s much work. Well luckily all of that work pays for all of the goodies I picked up for her. Next batch of parts came in to sit on the shelf lol, Transgo Hi rev kit, BBK off road h pipe, and a easy o2 sensor bung kit.

Things to be put on car sooner then later include the modified sunpro light holders I fabbed up. Will now have 194 wedge LEDS in the sunpro gauges in the dashboard. Water, oil, volts and Vacuum gauges all getting the treatment eventually. Will probably put in the a pillar gauge pod a pillar trim I have and pop in the wideband air fuel ratio gauge I have.

Hoping for good weather this Saturday as that is the only free time I have. I gotta get the rust off the rotors on all four corners and burn off the dry rot on the tires. Smoke will be had, and rubber will be laid.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I'm hoping for good weather this Saturday too. I have a bunch of stuff to get done on my car as well. Right now they're saying 75% chance of rain.... but hopefully that will change as the week goes on.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

easy O2 bung kit? What is this mythological beast you speak of? link?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

they're all easy. Just need a drill and a welder. Piece of piss as they say.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have both, but I don't think my welder can handle that thick metal. I was thinking it was like some screwdown type that you put a high temp putty (re: JB weld) on and is usable the next day. Still requires a drill.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

exhaust pipe is pretty thin. Shouldn't need anything special to weld that. The bung is basically just a large nut. I would expect most things could handle sticking a nut to exhaust pipe. A torch and a brazing rod would do it too. Might even be able to use MAPP or a plumber's torch. It would burn the coating off the pipe for a fairly large area though, larger than from welding I expect. Thats really the bitch of torch work, it puts a lot of heat into a large area.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

true.. I'm sure I could weld the pipe... it's getting it to stick to the bung that would be my concern. I guess I could try on some scrap with some of the large ass harvested nuts I've got on hand first and see.

Comment

I have just a flux core welder as well and I am not the greatest so I picked up this: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-690125
                        ~David~

Comment

that looks like leaks waiting to happen.

Comment

Yeah I am up in the air about it. Figured I'd give it a shot before welding. If it does leak I already have the hole I need and the wide band air fuel ratio gauge I purchased came with a bung to weld in so I can do that then.
                            ~David~

Comment

hmm... interesting.

Comment

While back during the body mount swap I sorta stressed the two front filler panels. picked some good ones up over the years since and finally painted them up today. These were completely stripped, adhesion promoted, flexible primed, wet sanded and adhesion promoted and painted with A88 BMW Hot Chocolate Metallic Paint and then clear coated.

I think I will install then after I get the two fenders painted and the engine in.....
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X