My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks damn good!

Did you use a gun or rattle can? Where was the paint from? Looks like I'll be repainting my hood next spring. (3rd times a charm!) After getting it all shined up, it's full of spider web cracks.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Thanks.

I used
      1. Duplicolor Adhesion Promoter
      2. Duplicolor Professional Flexible Primer
      3. Express Paint Rattle Can mixed A88 Hot Chocolate Metallic Urethane Paint
      4. And just a cheapo Rustoleum Acrylic Enamel Automotive Clear Coat.

I have a couple cans of 2k clear Coat but SOOOO much would have been wasted on such a small piece. Once you crack the activator into the can it only lasts so long. Besides I manage to get a decent shine before buffing with this particular Acrylic Enamel clear coat. It's a bit of skill and pushing the envelope to get the wettest looking finish to flow out WITHOUT letting it run all over the place.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Here are a few pics of the modified Sunpro illumination holder I modified.......THAT I CANNOT GET TO BECAUSE OF THE FREAKING WEATHER.....

Modified and stock in packages:

These LEDS care about the polarity:

A stock sunpro bulb versus a stock sunpro bulb with a green gel cap:

And then versus a modified LED one:

Again..one will go into the electrical water temp gauge and electrical oil pressure gauge I have in my speedometer and the other two will go into the vacuum gauge and the voltmeter I have in the police pod above the glove box.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Got her uncovered today. Been put down for over two months...Since the end of SF14. Battery was STONE dead. lol Charged her up and off I went but not after throwing on the 05+ bullitt wheels (just put on the rears) that my cousin gave me. He had them on his 2013 Mustang. He plasti dipped them to the best of his abilities but underneath the black dip is a mint factory anthracite finish. Bridgstone Blizzack tires on em...They are near their death maybe one season left in them...close to the wear bars.

I will let them go VERY cheap if anyone local is interested. Just PM me. I have four of them.

Anyways here are some of the pics...Car still looked like it did two months ago when I covered her up. God I love that car cover...

If they don't sell I will continue to roast them then put them away and pick up some drag radials....
          ~David~

Comment

raises hand......pm sent

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Drove her out to Montauk this morning. Went nice and easy on her on the way there but the way back was a different story. Car is SO much fun.
              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                My poor baby has been sitting since SF. Just got caught up in s much work. Well luckily all of that work pays for all of the goodies I picked up for her. Next batch of parts came in to sit on the shelf lol, Transgo Hi rev kit, BBK off road h pipe, and a easy o2 sensor bung kit.
                Ditch that shift kit and get a silverfox valve body. You know you want to.

Comment

I wouldn't call it a full blown kit. This is just a piece to alter the shift points higher. What I really want is a manual transmission.
                  ~David~

Comment

NOS B Pillar Crown Trim Emblems.

Picked up a set of NOS B Pillar Crown Trim Emblems and popped them on today. The stock ones were plastic welded? onto the aluminum trim. I first tried getting them off with a pair of pliers but that was just destroying the emblem...Don;t know why that mattered but I just did not want to entirely destroy the old ones. SO I then went to fishing line. The trick is to just continue wrapping the lines behind the emblem building it up which eventually causes the welds to POP.

The new and old and my secret tool:

The build up around the emblems:

Cleaned up and ready for NOS goodness:

And completed:

~David~

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nice little detail sorted out. Finish on your car is awesome.
                        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                        Past Panthers
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Stunning as always

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great little finishing detail.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Looks good! Never knew how red those crowns were suppose to be. I don't think I can remember seeing one that wasn't faded.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Looking good as always, Dave!

-ryan s.
                                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                                Originally posted by pantera77
                                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                                X