Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by slack View Post
    Looks good! Never knew how red those crowns were suppose to be. I don't think I can remember seeing one that wasn't faded.

Yeah I was shocked at the difference.

Yesterday I also took the dash apart and installed the LED modded sunpro gauge lights. After I had everything done and complete I checked all of the lights. Put everything back together and of course luck would have it that the autometer tach had to get jealous about me upgrading the lights in all of the other gauges but him and had to quit on me. Fucking A. I am leaving it like it is until it really begins to bug me.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You know the saying; "the Devil is in the details."

Packman

Comment

"I am leaving it like it is until it really begins to bug me." If I've got you figured out correctly, that will be VERY soon!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          I wouldn't call it a full blown kit. This is just a piece to alter the shift points higher. What I really want is a manual transmission.
          Ah-ha-hah. Trying to copy me, brew?

I like to hear that you're actually enjoying the car and not just driving it like an elderly man coming back from a bingo tournament.

I like your ingenuity for getting them off. Most would just grab a screw driver and start prying like a bastard on em.
          What'd your gauges look like? I'm still in the market and I think I'm gonna go digi.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

do you have part number for the emblems sir?

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
              "I am leaving it like it is until it really begins to bug me." If I've got you figured out correctly, that will be VERY soon!!
              Yep. Pretty much as soon as I seen it out......

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
              Ah-ha-hah. Trying to copy me, brew?

I like to hear that you're actually enjoying the car and not just driving it like an elderly man coming back from a bingo tournament.

I like your ingenuity for getting them off. Most would just grab a screw driver and start prying like a bastard on em.
              What'd your gauges look like? I'm still in the market and I think I'm gonna go digi.
              I been toying with the Idea of a mans trans for years. Have one in the basement already and about to have another...dad is pulling the one out of his stang and getting something else.

I drive my car pretty hard around town. I don't give a rats ass about burning rubber or if something breaks. If it breaks it was due for replacement anyway. What I am very cautious about though is getting the paint damaged........

I first put tape around the emblem and tried getting it off with a pair of pliers but I was just destroying the emblem. I knew there would be a better way.

I have sunpro style line gauges. Click my sig pic and then scroll down to instrumentation and click on something there to see.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              do you have part number for the emblems sir?

E0AB-5450398-AA

I picked them up off of ebay advertised as NOS pieces. I think he has more but are selling them for a couple more bucks now.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                Looking good as always, Dave!

-ryan s.
                The car too!
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

just saw a set of those NOS emblems when I was casually looking over Ebay today, looking for little NOS stuff I may want.

Couple of T5s I imagine?

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Everyone needs a manual panther.

Too bad t5's are garbage and an actual good trans cost so much
                    Someday I'll find the elusive cheap TKO...
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I have a good set of 88 crown pieces. I'm wondering if I can pop off the wrong trim pieces and install my car's proper emblems on it.

Comment

Depends how you drive how junky a T5 is. A WC T5 would last forever the way I drive things. I probably wouldn't kill an SROD or a 4 cyl T5. Other people would grenade them in short order. Stops on the shifter to prevent fork breakage helps a whole lot, but a lot of it is just not slamming them through gears. The synchros will not hold up to that, and eventually it'll just start jumping out and grinding in. Drive sensibly and don't slam it through and it'll do OK.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What's the point if a manual if not to slam gears?

I like how you think David. Build it bulletproof, flog it hard, and fix it when it breaks.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

for people who live in small towns with bored cops, the point is to not get tickets. Also, because it costs a lot to replace transmissions if you drive like an asshole and break them often.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                              What's the point if a manual if not to slam gears?
                              Exactly.

Even if I usually drive like a granny, I need to know my transmission (and the rest of the car) will take whatever I decide to throw at it.

Behind a lopo or HO a healthy WC T5 should last for a while, but once you actually build a powerful engine, like Dave is, your on borrowed time if you plan to flog it.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The ones I have lined up in the basement already have issues. One whines in all gears and the other is hard to shift. lol

Took the dash apart again to replace that bastard bulb. All is well now and I got my first look at all of the gauges at night with their LEDS on. Oh so bright. Nice improvement in the sunpro gauges over the stock lightning.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X