No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Between the two, you can probably make one, or at least rebuild one. Hard shifting T5 might just be the wrong fluid. Pretty sure those use ATF. If someone put gear oil in it, it won't go.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The hard shifting one is currently in dads 85 Mustang it was fine before just progressively getting harder.....The whiny one is in the basement. Dad was thinking of meshing the two together but is leaning towards picking up a brandy new one.

Went outside to go for a drive this morning but everything was wet. Ugha. Maybe I will wire in the WOT lead to the air fuel ratio gauge as well as plumb in the dual relay box I picked up months back to use for a fog light relay. I'll see how ambitious I feel later in the day.

Oh yeah. Last week when I had the dash pieces removed I slipped in my single podded a pillar molding/trim and put the wideband air fuel ratio gauge in place. I left the WOT wire in the engine compartment to tap into the AC WOT relay. Otherwise the gauge is just sitting there. Didn't wire in a ground, the ignition power, the o2 sensor etc etc.
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-26-2014, 05:21 AM.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Here are a few pics of the modified Sunpro illumination holder I modified.......THAT I CANNOT GET TO BECAUSE OF THE FREAKING WEATHER...
        How did you modify these? Because I have the same gauges and with the color condoms can barely see the gauges.

Comment

I showed pictures. Nobody listens....

I ripped out the guts of the sunpro holders and the 194 LED I had wedged firmly in place. I then soldered wire to the leads and attached accordingly.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I think I remember you having A pillar gauges? Which ones did you use if you do have those, lol.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

How does the t-5 stand up to power shifting. Sometimes I get lazy and don't want to bother to use the pedal.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                I think I remember you having A pillar gauges? Which ones did you use if you do have those, lol.
                I used to have a dual gauge podded a pillar in addition to the single gauge podded a pillar I am running now with my Autometer Wide band air fuel ratio gauge (7378).

I used sunpro gauge cages and molded them to fit.
                ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                  How does the t-5 stand up to power shifting. Sometimes I get lazy and don't want to bother to use the pedal.
                  They really really don't like it, lol. I've been reading up a lot on them for my 5spd swap, you'd want a 88+ and in stock form, it's possible to explode the case when they're abused. 90-93? Cobra ones could withstand a little more torque (Would be suitable for a 302 mild panther) Without being shifted properly, they go through synchronizers often. Some people have pushed stock T5s to around 400hp and haven't had them grind though.

Okay thanks Davey, I was thinking of trying to find a single pod for a Tach.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                    How does the t-5 stand up to power shifting.
                    It doesn't.
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

you'll get away with it a few times. Not very many though. You can flat shift even a non-synchro trans without damaging it if you match the RPMs properly but it won't deal with being jammed into gear.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Picked up a Mustang fox body manual pedal assembly for the future 5 speed build. Also quickly browsed the interwebs...Mustangs Unlimited....and found the exact brake pad and clutch pedal pads I will use. They have chrome bezels to boot!

Just have to pull an 87 and down panther pedal assembly from the yard now. I guess I could go up to 89 but I don;t really want to risk it.

Also picked up a NOS shift lever knob, starter solenoid and received a GOOD coupon for a 2 ton engine hoist.

Looking into picking up a neato 1+ quart over stock tranny pan for the good old AOD already in the car to complement the new torque converter going in her as well as the Hi rev kit/transgo governor.

I gotta start doing the bodywork on the fenders I picked up from the yard. One was a 89 Grand Marquis fender so I gotta weld up the holes and the other was a CV fender that had a little dent/accident previously repaird near the ditch light. Plan is to strip both entire fenders and lay out a thin skin of body filler, guide coat that and get her looking laser straight. Then remove the front clip of the car and replace/build the engine and place all of the panels back on.
                        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-01-2014, 03:40 PM.
                        ~David~

Comment

Picked up a few more shop manuals for my Vic in addition to a 1987 EVTM. I had an 86 one all of these years.........

Looking into pin-striping the vic after I replace the fenders. Will do everything like stock. Trunk, hood, header panel and body sides will all be hit. I plan to use a gold pin-strip as it is the closest to tan I can find in stores. Looking forward to it.
                          ~David~

Comment

IIRC my '87 GM had gold pinstripe, from the factory and our colors are VERY similar.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Only reason I mentioned tan was because that is the color of the interior. I always liked a pinstripe that matched the interior of the vehicle. Due to the metallic in my paint I think I will like the metallic the gold pin strip will give me.

Oh and my 5speed fox body pedal assembly arrived today. Hacks. Someone welded the nut on that secures the clutch pedal to the shaft it swivels on. How the hell would one change out the bushings in the tube now. Hacks. Luckily when I said "welded" it was just tacked poorly. Shouldn't be to bad to grind down and disassemble.
                              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-06-2014, 05:28 PM.
                              ~David~

Comment

Lots and lots of that stuff goes on. Must be a reason its welded, probably the shaft stripped out or something. Are those bushings plastic? If so, you're gonna have to do something different to put it back together. Plastic doesn't tend to like welding heat very much, though it can be done if you are very quick about it and only tack weld it.

Comment

Working...
                                X