No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where were the shorties on sale? Looking for an excuse to put those P heads on the Mark VII. Or, more accurately, John is trying to talk me into finding an excuse to quit sitting on these parts finally.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Summit racing has a sale on the ceramic coated ford racing shorties. A good 30 bucks off the normal price.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What've you got on there currently?
        Do you plan to get a 306? Build your own!!! It's.. Fun

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Have a local reputable machine shop do the bottom end work. That way you at least know what your getting.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

local or somewhere with a very good reputation. I've heard enough sketchy things about various online engine builders to turn me off that idea. Kind of a shame the guy near Scott that did my motor closed up shop. He did excellent work. I think he got tired of it and went to work for one of the rebuild suppliers as a sales rep or something.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

After reading some threads about mismatched shocks..front to rear.. I went ahead on rock auto and grabbed two rear gas a justs at closeout prices! Sweet. Currently I was running gr-2s in the rear with gas adjusts up front. Not for long.

Also my timing cover, headers and mini starter came in. Of course they sent the wrong timing cover......
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What engine are you swapping in?

Packman

Comment

A rebuilt 302 short block. All the top end stuff was discussed above somewhere.
                  ~David~

Comment

did you get the one with forged pistons

Comment

I didn't get anything yet. There is no need for forged pistons as there will never be an forced induction going on with the vehicle. The car is fun as is just needs some more get up and go power and I will get that through the upgrade I have planned out for it.
                      ~David~

Comment

hypereutectic ought to do anything you'd ever ask. They'll even stand up to sane amounts of boost or spray if you ever feel so inclined. Half the time a 302 will twist and shit it's head gaskets before you get to the point of melting a half way decent piston anyhow.

Comment

Gas a justs are in! Now to find time to install them.

Free GR2 kybs for teh rear once these are installed.
                          ~David~

Comment

Everything looks very good Dave.

Regarding the engine; you shouldn't have any trouble locating a good engine builder to put you together a solid bottom end, given your location. Plenty of fast cars from your area.

You seem detail oriented enough, that you'd probably enjoy assembling it youself.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                              You seem detail oriented enough, that you'd probably enjoy assembling it youself.
                              I second this. I enjoyed building mine.

Are the Gas Adjusts stiffer? That's what I'm using
                              __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Assembly is not that hard, and you actually know what you have once its done. If I'd been smart I would have recorded all the data from mine, but I didn't. I checked things, found it all to be fine, and kept going. Just make sure you remember the loctite on the cam. I did my motor after assembling the motor that went in P79 and I left that out of mine. I assume I didn't forget it on the other one since I never heard about the cam gear falling off.

Comment

Working...
                                X