Clear All

no 347. 302.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I had my car for over fifteen yrs and never changed the shocks........I am lovin the ride of the KYB gas a justs...even with the original springs
      Originally posted by slack View Post
      Awesome! I'm glad they worked out for you. I can't believe the difference they made in my car as well. I also can't believe I waited so long to throw them in the back as well.

Comment

Prepped the water pump for paint this morning. Will get painted sometime next week at work. Engine primer, ford blue engine paint and then some glossy engine clear

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've never seen acetone remover before. Thats got to be really nasty shit.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lol. Custom mix.
            ~David~

Comment

Painted Water Pump

This morning I painted up my water pump in preparation of the new engine.

Engine primed:

Some good "Old Ford Blue" engine paint:

Engine cleared:

Completed product:

Painted at work in a makeshift spray booth/cave. Put into the boiler room at work, now sitting in the heating room at home.

Next up will be the timing cover as well as the starter.....
              ~David~

Comment

Looks good! Which paint do you use for the Ford Blue?

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Old Ford Blue by VHT.
                  ~David~

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks. That's the same paint I've been using for my stuff but I've been using the gloss black. I'll check the shelf next time I'm stocking up for the Ford blue.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

last thing I painted I also did at work, and baked it in the furnace room. Costs too much to heat the garage just to spray paint a couple things.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There are about three different types of ford blue! I went for the darkest looking one which was the old ford blue.
                        ~David~

Comment

Fancy shit, home boy.

That blue looks really good... I'm having engine color choice regrets..

Chevy red-orange. Is ugly as balls.

Good work!

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I'd go with the blue, but that's just me....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Chevy orange is not an attractive color. And not because its a Chevy, I just think orange is a putrid color.

Comment

Try burnt orange. It's worse. And it's everywhere around here because Texas Longhorns.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X