My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great Dave.

I just ordered some stuff from Express Paint the other day to touch up the chips on my 85, and to paint some rust on the 92.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

they sell paint-on rust now? Shit, all this time I've had to wait for nature to take it's course. Screw that noise. I'm buying me a brandy new truck and some paint-on rust next week.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That came out pretty good for a spray can paint job. Is your paint a metallic? Those are a pain in the ass to spray and not have weird shades afterwards.

Comment

Thanks all.

Yes the paint is a metallic. Paint code is A88. Hot Chocolate Metallic/Pearl depending on manufacturers. Luckily express paint's spray cans come with a fan pattern to help limit any potential tiger stripping. I've been doing this long enough to avoid making that mistake. Silver/aluminum metallic colors still gets me though on some of the parts I paint. I honestly would not try a large panel with one of those colors.

The spray max clear comes out just like a spray gun. Nice and heavy and wide. The primer was the same. Both were 2k products just like you would use in a gun. This is just like a professional spray job, just diy at home.
          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-23-2015, 04:52 AM.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just for my own curiosity, what do they charge for a can of the base coat. It can't be cheap.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

If I have the correct stuff, this may help....I think it's like $15 or so a can...

http://www.expresspaint.com/

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

It;s 24 bucks a can. Not cheap.

Went junkyarding today with great success!

Pulled tudor grand marquis under-armrest trims, 87 and under box cv header panel, a pedal assembly from the same 85 CV Slick top cheapie base model, in addition to a clock delete panel from that same vehicle. Pulled a number of large radiator brackets (as I have to make one fit my three core radiator I have in the parts stash), a idler bracket and the big aluminum bracket that hides behind it, 3 box panther throttlebody linkages (to be welded onto larger Mustang/lightning throttle bodies). I am happy with what was scored.

SOme pics:

My header panel and under armrest trims

The car the pedal assembly was pulled from in addition to the clock delete plate and the header panel...:

And the find of the day:

I should have pulled some of the tudor specific stuff......Doors were shot. Drivers side was rusty and the passengers side was bent over from contacting the fender.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I wish I could find nice headlight buckets . Turn lights and a grille. All mine are shot. Esp the corner lights
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                  03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Nice stuff. I'll have to look into that paint.

Any plans for the delete plate?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Idler bracket, the one for the AC side ?
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I went by the site price of $14.95. Did you get larger cans or are you including shipping?

http://www.expresspaint.com/automoti...e&resetValue=Y

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                          Nice stuff. I'll have to look into that paint.

Any plans for the delete plate?
                          Hording it.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Idler bracket, the one for the AC side ?
                          Yep and the big honking aluminum braket for the ac behind that one.

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                          I went by the site price of $14.95. Did you get larger cans or are you including shipping?

http://www.expresspaint.com/automoti...e&resetValue=Y
                          Not including shipping. Bottom line price for ANYTHING is 14.95. Then the price gets higher for whatever product type/paint size you select.
                          ~David~

Comment

Were the door pulls in any somewhat decent shape? That passengers side looks good...

Should've gotten the coupe specific trim.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Honestly I didn't even notice.

Today I fabbed up my radiator hold downs for my three core radiator:

Just a little bit needed to be trimmed out of the center. Rubber pads received the same treatment.

Both are now welded and I seam sealed the weld area and will paint it up when I have a chance.
                              ~David~

Comment

The radiator was smaller?
                                __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X