My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NICE!

that's the stripe pattern that was originally on my 88... though not much of any of it is left. Barely any of the side and none of the trunk/hood at all. In fact, there's basecoat poking through here and there on that car. Great to see a box with such nice paint.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Its amazing what little touches like pin stripe, will do to a vehicles appearance.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

That looks damn good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where is your hood ornament?

Comment

Looks good Dave, same pattern as my 85, I really like how they look. Unfortunately mine have been replaced with vinyl that has faded to hell and back, only the hood wears the original painted on ones.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              Where is your hood ornament?
              I have a couple of each...the 79 fancy one as well as the stock ones. One NOS of each. I use that thing because it fills the hole without tearing my car cover.

Thanks everyone.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow. Makes me want to have pin stripes if and whenever I get it painted.

Never seen a better combo of brown and gold.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

My '87 GM came from the factory with the same combo. Does look classy and Dave did his normal bang up job!! Not easy making those turns but it came out REALLY well.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I await the day when Vicky gets her stripes back! The pinstriping definitely makes it stand out so much more!

Comment

That looks phenomenal!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Thanks all.

After I completed the job my dad continued to stare at it all day. He normally does not care for what I do to the car but he was extremely impressed this time.
                        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just when I think it can't be any more badass.....when I paint mine I don't know what color to pin stripe it. I'm thinking red since the car will be satin black.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Thanks!

If I get some time off and the weather is nice I hope to get some poorly edited (aka unedited) gopro videos up. Friend is letting me borrow his and I picked up some suction cup mounts for the twisty roads I like to drive on. I am gonna test out the mount on the way to work tomorrow with the benz.

Also anyone that wants to pin stripe their car I say just go for it. CHEAP to purchase and quite easy to do. I recommend looking up youtube videos about it first to get a feel for what it going on. Seriously just go for it.
                            ~David~

Comment

PIcs!

~David~

Comment

So jelly of your paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X