Clear All

Uninterrupted Pass

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Cool videos. Slow blinker is slow.

Comment

I hear smog pump and a lack of overdrive clunk,.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          Cool videos. Slow blinker is slow.
          Hell yeah it is. Is that a sign of the flasher being weak?

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          I hear smog pump and a lack of overdrive clunk,.
          Well I kept the lever in D so that makes sense to me. I cannot pick up the sound of the smog pump....but she aint long for this world. New engine NO smog pump. Will be deposited in the JUNK pile accompanied by all its compatriots.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you can hear the smog pump whirr when you accelerate from dead stop. Doesn't really make noise otherwise but it really sings before it shifts into second.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ahh Ive been hearing that for years. Always thought it was the transmission.
              ~David~

Comment

I did too, thought all AOD's made that hum. You can really hear it with stock exhaust, one reason why I got duals without mufflers, so I couldn't hear that sound. I don't like all the engine/transmission noise you hear with silent exhaust, can't stand it.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

The AOD's whine in first and second, that whirring noise is smog pump. The buzzing at a stop when in drive is an AOD noise that comes from TV pressure on the high side. Its a check ball buzzing in a bore thats got a CH of wear on it that lets the ball move around a little bit. Another trick you get with an underdrive pulley is less engine noise. The stuff up there isn't spinning like crazy.

Comment

Oh YEAH...

~David~

Comment

Is that one of those economy rebuilt short blocks from LMR? Doesn't the economy one have cast pistons?

I bought one of those when they were $700 years ago. Was really disappointed in the quality of it, oiled it up, warped it up and stuffed it in a cabinet. From there on out I started going to the local machine shop instead.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Yep, but the model up from that with forged pistons. The one I will be pulling out of the car will go to a local machine shop.
                        ~David~

Comment

Couple vids from today:

Mill road:

~David~

Comment

Engine before times:

~David~

Comment

Burnouts:

~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Burnouts:

'Ya don't much like those tires do 'Ya.

The second one was great, 2 nice even stripes! How long are they?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X