No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to repaint the wheels and then get some sticky sticky performance tires for them.

Bout 100 feet long easy.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
      It is no longer the brown blob. Hence forth I dub thee......

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42945[/ATTACH]
      Remember https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darryl_Dawkins
      1987 Grand Marquis LS two door, trying to get to the 60,000 mile mark.

Comment

I want to watch those videos but my computer no wanna workie!

Love your car man! Interesting about that whine, I always thought it was the trans too, just figured it was a ford thing. WhiiiiiiiiIIIIRR-whummm ->first then into second noise
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

You can see the pics though right?
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Is anything wrong with the lopo in it now? Seems like it runs pretty smooth from the videos. Smoother than mine, mine is erratic from the vacuum lines all gone, and I haven't done a tune up yet. Still gonna stick with the lopo, just replace the lines and do a tune up, plus HO upper/manifolds and catless downpipes. Gonna be tough getting used to the lopo after my 270hp/320tq 4Runner, have to fight the urge to instantly throw money at it like 4.10 gears and a new engine.

If you're going to junk the engine, it should go out with a bang. Hook up a cheaply made nitrous kit to it, see how much it'll take before it melts the pistons or has explosive diarrhea.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I approve of the burnouts..

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Love that you returned to the scene of the crime the next day.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                  Is anything wrong with the lopo in it now? Seems like it runs pretty smooth from the videos. Smoother than mine, mine is erratic from the vacuum lines all gone, and I haven't done a tune up yet. Still gonna stick with the lopo, just replace the lines and do a tune up, plus HO upper/manifolds and catless downpipes. Gonna be tough getting used to the lopo after my 270hp/320tq 4Runner, have to fight the urge to instantly throw money at it like 4.10 gears and a new engine.

If you're going to junk the engine, it should go out with a bang. Hook up a cheaply made nitrous kit to it, see how much it'll take before it melts the pistons or has explosive diarrhea.
                  Nothing much wrong with the lopo aside from it lacking ho power. Oil pressure is a bit lower then I would like, aside from that it is a fine running engine. Plans are to rebuild that one for my dad.

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                  I approve of the burnouts..
                  No shit. lol

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                  Love that you returned to the scene of the crime the next day.
                  Further evidence was needed!
                  ~David~

Comment

So why haven't you built the motor yet for SF? C'mon now, you could have that thing already done and driving, in a couple days time.

Ask me how I know.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Still in its box. I am slowwwww. Been doing a significant amount of yard work and shed shuffling within the backyard hindering progress to the max. I prefer to tAke my time as I will also be detailing the frame rails. Motor will be painted and the assembled then installed. Much wiring to be done at that time. Ian in no rush either. Next sf if I am not in Brazil already (Olympic games for three months....and more importantly banging Brazilian women for that same amount of time) I will bring the Vic with its completed engine.
                      ~David~

Comment

I can see pics! I envy the progress. I am stretched in multiple directions but I really want to at least throw the HO upper on my turd before the salt flies...
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Next sf if I am not in Brazil already (Olympic games for three months....and more importantly banging Brazilian women for that same amount of time) I will bring the Vic with its completed engine.
                          Your absence will be excused for this reason, however pics or it didn't happen. Of them, not you
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You got it.

Did a little work on the Vic this morning...replaced a tachometer illumination bulb that has been flickering on me the last two time I took the car out and I re-tuned the amplifier to my liking...again. I loaded up some stuff for scottfest inside a faux trunk organizer that was pulled out of a truck at work. After all that I started to make some progress on the engine build by building the stand and crane.

~David~

Comment

reading the destructions? wtf?

Small tip if you didn't work this out already, but put some oil on the wheels, both at the axle and the pivot. Makes moving the crane around much easier, especially with a little weight on it. I use gear oil on mine, and on the jack as well.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I tend to use axle grease on that stuff... stays put better.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X