No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

doesn't run in very well if its already assembled tho.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I use a grease needle to apply... so it gets in pretty good.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, those engine hoists can be a real real bastard if the wheels aren't lubed. Mine was a royal pain the ass when the engine was dangling over my engine bay and I had to kick the legs to get it to move.
        Scary shit.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

That's kinda how how have to force them along. Large pry bar under the legs does wonders.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Thanks for the tips!
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Went to the junkyards yesterday in search of some parts. I first visited Harrys in west hazelton. Boy was it dry there in the ford section they conpletely destoryed EVERYTHING.

The keen may recognize that smashed vic as the one I salvage a header panel and pedal assembly out of....

This wall of ford went two cars deep for about 700 feet. Sad sad sad.

Anyways I then went to ezpull and then found what I was looking for:

A 1999 Crown Victoria NON ABS brake booster and master cylinder. Will clean up no problem once I can separate the damn thing.

I should have harvested the brake line from the master to the drivers side brake line tee. Will do that next trip...
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

To be honest with you. Don't even fucking waste your time with a shitty used booster. Just buy a reman one, especially when everything is new on your car already, don't cut that corner. My booster and master are fucked, since they're both JY units.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

You gotta pick the booster that isn't rusty with the master with nice clean fluid in it.

Comment

I will take my chances with it as the cars entire braking system was still intact and I was able to get a firm pedal out of it. It may not look as nice as I would have wanted it to but the master was nice looking and the fluid was not horrendous either. I got the two separated earlier and will begin the clean up tomorrow. Booster will be wire wheeled and if it survives that I will put eastwoods rust convertor on it then rust encapsulator and then paint it low gloss black. The master will be engine primed, engine aluminum and clear. Its gonna be pretty!
                    ~David~

Comment

I got a nice clean booster and MC from the parts store

You will want the plug that goes into the reservoir. Its for the brake idiot light to tell you if the juice is low. I've been forgetting to pick one up for years now.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got it! Though I believe that with my gauges in the speedometer that the brake idiot light is no longer around.... I will connect it anyways for the hell of it.

Believe me I normally purchase everything new. I looked at the prices and said NO. I will purchase a new non abs drivers side brake hose though
                        ~David~

Comment

My car has a good pedal when the car is off, but when it's running. The pedal is mooshy.

I get a discount through my work, so a booster and master was something like 100$ for me.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

If the pedal is mushy when running, the brakes probably have air. Bleed the brakes...

Comment

With regards to a booster/ MC...

Shortly after I bought my truck the reservoir cap seal started leaking. Couldn't find a replacement, so I bought a new Raybestos MC, thinking I'd just rob the gasket. When the MC arrived, it was externally larger than my original one. All the dimensions that matter checked out though. So... I decided to just use the whole new unit. Cleared it, bench bled it, etc. I pulled the booster at the same time and cleaned it up and painted it. Reinstalled everything, bled the doo doo out of the system, and the pedal was still soft, and would not return. Pissed. After much messing around, I bought a new booster. $175 for a drum brake 4WD booster (absurd). Installed, and voila! Better braking then ever. Removed and painted and all is well.

Moral of the story. Old booster was fine until I removed it and painted it. Perhaps negligence in my masking was to blame. Maybe it was just a coincidence. However, I will be very careful when masking a booster in the future. I think maybe I got cleaning solvent somewhere that I shouldn't have, and it affected the diaphragm. I was much more careful when I painted the new one. #lessonslearned.

As always, Dave, your attention to the details is on point. Keep up the great work.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Also some food for thought, Logan, you have a stock box master with an aero/whale booster...

Comment

Working...
                                X