My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Also some food for thought, Logan, you have a stock box master with an aero/whale booster...
    My booster hisses air out when you put the pedal down.

I need a new booster.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Started work on the booster. Brake cleaned it off really well as there was a lot of brake fluid and penetrating fluid on it from the master removal. I taped off the bosch parts sticker on the booster as well as the area of the check valve after I pulled it out and its rubber grommet. Wire wheeled the threads where the master mounts as it was really crusty with corrosion due to the two dis-similar metals then started wire wheeling all of the rust. Went over the entire unit with a DA and 80 grit, red scotch brite and another through cleaning then tac ragged it off. I sprayed two thin coats of eastwoods rust converter on it. Its is now sitting until Wednesday when it will get coated with rust encapsulator after a scuffing secession.

Here is a pic of it ready to accept its first coat of convertor.

I cleaned up everywhere I possibly could. Hopefully the convertor along with all of the following top coats will keep the remaining rust at bay.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        ... I cleaned up everywhere I possibly could. Hopefully the convertor along with all of the following top coats will keep the remaining rust at bay.
        What about sandblasting?

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Don't have one and wont send it out to get done. At that point I would just purchase a new one. Definitely something I would love to have though.

Cleaned up my master cylinder today.

Dirty Dirty:

Cleaned up and ready for primer:

Primed:

Painted:

And cleared...now resting next to its buddy in the garage...work continues on the booster tomorrow:

The reservoir cleaned up mint. I didn't remove it for paint as I don't want to break it upon reassembly.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Don't have one and wont send it out to get done. At that point I would just purchase a new one. Definitely something I would love to have though. ...
            Do you have a compressor? Or access to one? You can get relatively cheap air gun type blasters:

http://www.harborfreight.com/21-oz-h...gun-95793.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniSandBlasterUS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	1278092

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detai...un/A-p8059966e

Click image for larger version

Name:	MiniSandBlasterCDN.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	1278093

I’ve never used one, and I don’t have an immediate or foreseeable need for one, so I have no idea how good (or bad) they might be. Hopefully someone with personal experience will chime in.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
            mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I have read the reviews and watched reviews and they were not too favorable. If I am gonna get something I would get an enclosed cabinet to work in as well.
              ~David~

Comment

If you're gonna buy one, buy one that doesn't suck. The cabinets are nice, but you need a good bit of air to run one. We had one at the marina and I had to connect up the second air compressor to make it run. They were little old 2 cylinder 20 gallon wheel-around types. Nothing impressive in the CFM department and I'd bet money that they were not in optimal shape, but even so I'd imagine that a typical single stage 2 cylinder pump would have a hard time keeping up if you were running a bead blast cabinet at full pressure.
                Last edited by gadget73; 08-05-2015, 08:59 PM.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have the harbor freight cabinet (the big one with legs), and it will run my 30 gal, 3 cylinder single stage down mighty quick.
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Cleaned her up this morning for her trip:

Also changed out the wheels and took some pics with the go-pro...

Distorted as FUCK.

See ya'll tomorrow.....
                    ~David~

Comment

One day I'll have shiny paint. Until then please take pictures of the car from the passenger side haha

Comment

yeah, screw you. I didn't even get to wash mine, and since its probably going to rain tonight I may not get to it on the way up either.

also, pics of mine from passenger side too. All of the paint over there matches, trim is all on, and the 1/4 is not mashed in.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A pic from SF:

And my booster all fancy:

~David~

Comment

That is a damn fine car Dave! Love the paint (I've said that multiple times lol) & the pinstripes look great.
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

...Burnouts...?
                              __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                                That is a damn fine car Dave! Love the paint (I've said that multiple times lol) & the pinstripes look great.
                                Thank you.

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                                ...Burnouts...?
                                No, but I have paint on engine!

The block all prepped:

Primed:

Based in Engine Old Ford Blue paint:

And clearcoated:

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X