No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

magnetic base on the dial indicator, or did you use a bolt? I got tired of knocking my mag base out of position, so I re-purposed one of the intake bolts for a while and then just used the clamps off the mag base to set up the indicator. That came after I knocked the base off the motor and the damn dial indicator went into the catch pan that had a nice mix of coolant and oil in it. That ended up being like a 2 hour detour to rebuild the damn dial indicator and get it bent back straight so it worked correctly again. Luckily its not a really good one, so I'm not overly upset.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
      I see both you and your dad think you're Freiburger, working on the car in sandals.
      Steve Collison used to power shift @ the strip in flipflops

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Cool vid, and more good music.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

No tire smoke and you call that a burnout??? You guys have low standards :P

Hopefully I can remember to watch the camshaft install at home so I can learn something. Stuff that technical gives me the heebie jeebies, my luck would probably have me with a dead camshaft and tons of sparkly bits in the oil.
          Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 08-28-2015, 06:46 AM.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Burnout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	1278180
            Now that's a burnout

Comment

Cams are pretty simple to install really. If you and your GF haven't figured out the physical aspect of your relationship, perhaps its not for you though. The only remotely hitchy part about it is checking the endplay on the cam. That isn't even that difficult, but its the only thing about the process that is technical to any real degree. The rest of it is a matter of applying lube to the shaft and sticking it in the hole.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                magnetic base on the dial indicator, or did you use a bolt? I got tired of knocking my mag base out of position, so I re-purposed one of the intake bolts for a while and then just used the clamps off the mag base to set up the indicator. That came after I knocked the base off the motor and the damn dial indicator went into the catch pan that had a nice mix of coolant and oil in it. That ended up being like a 2 hour detour to rebuild the damn dial indicator and get it bent back straight so it worked correctly again. Luckily its not a really good one, so I'm not overly upset.
                Magnetic base. No issues with it ejecting.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                No tire smoke and you call that a burnout??? You guys have low standards :P

Hopefully I can remember to watch the camshaft install at home so I can learn something. Stuff that technical gives me the heebie jeebies, my luck would probably have me with a dead camshaft and tons of sparkly bits in the oil.

Also one from YEARS back...http://s715.photobucket.com/user/87g...ml?sort=3&o=17

At SF I had big 255 50 17 tires on my lx sport wheels. The lopo said hell no!

The video has great pictures of my back as I remove the existing camshaft and install the new one. Not informative at all.
                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 08-28-2015, 08:35 PM.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Probably somewhat less awkward with it on a stand vs in the car. Everything seems to be at the wrong angle when you're stuck under the hood.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    Cams are pretty simple to install really. If you and your GF haven't figured out the physical aspect of your relationship, perhaps its not for you though. The only remotely hitchy part about it is checking the endplay on the cam. That isn't even that difficult, but its the only thing about the process that is technical to any real degree. The rest of it is a matter of applying lube to the shaft and sticking it in the hole.
                    I'd try a cam swap on say the Fury as that's a hobby car and would be the first swap I did so if it didn't work out right, F it. All of that shit up front has to come off and be re sealed and then that might leak again. For me that's a lot of work. Would take at least a weekend and I don't have garage space. I had no idea that you had to degree a cam or any of that. I'm not opposed to it it's just I never done it before or even watched someone do it so you can imagine my hesitation on the matter. It's always easier when you're working with someone else who has been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Also one from YEARS back...http://s715.photobucket.com/user/87g...ml?sort=3&o=17

At SF I had big 255 50 17 tires on my lx sport wheels. The lopo said hell no!

The video has great pictures of my back as I remove the existing camshaft and install the new one. Not informative at all.
                      2nd burnout wasn't shabby at all! 2nd video was pretty funny, your neighbors obviously aren't car people. If I had a youtube account or whatever I could upload the full video of the bird doing doughnuts, I pretty much killed off those tires in the process.

Comment

POpped the heads on today.

Some trick flow heads:

The gasket set and head bolts:

Head gaskets!

The high temp sealer for the smaller head bolts that pass through the water jacket. Larger bolts were just coated in oil.

One side all torqued in. 30, 40, 50 then 70.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

She should run pretty good

going to reach for the third pedal?
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Love my trickflows, I think you'll like them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

You got the gaskets on right way round, yeah? They fit both ways, but if its on backwards it will block a coolant passage and cause you heat problems. That looks right, with the coolant holes in the back, but it will say on the gasket which end goes to the front of the motor.

Comment

Still waiting on the burnouts. You'll notice a large increase of steam, when you row the boat.
                                __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Working...
                                X