X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
    She should run pretty good

going to reach for the third pedal?
    We'll see if he's got the balls to man handle this big brown lady of his.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Brown sugar

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

What heads?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
          She should run pretty good

going to reach for the third pedal?
          In time. Going to build it as an auto first. Have a high stall torque converter and a hi rev kit to try out.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
          Love my trickflows, I think you'll like them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          Hope so.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          You got the gaskets on right way round, yeah? They fit both ways, but if its on backwards it will block a coolant passage and cause you heat problems. That looks right, with the coolant holes in the back, but it will say on the gasket which end goes to the front of the motor.
          Yes I have "front" towards the front of the motor.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
          What heads?
          Trick flow 170 61cc heads: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-51410004-m61
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Head Install:

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Lifter Install:

~David~

Comment

Lifter retainers and Spider:

~David~

Comment

Nice work! She's coming along.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Pushrods and valve/rocker adjustments.
                      ~David~

Comment

oh god, you made it Chevy-like. That was by far the thing I hated the most about top end jobs on Chevy engines. At least with those you usually only have to rotate the motor once. They have a list of what valves can be set at #1 TDC, then you roll it 360, and do the others. Doing it 90 degrees at a time, valve by valve per firing order would make me shoot myself. OTOH, I'm not quite certain that measuring preload per cylinder is any better. I cheated after the first cylinder and just counted the turns once I had confirmed it on the dial indicator, but having to re-assemble all that shit each time you need to add or subtract a shim bites ass.

Did you check the rocker to valve tip contact pattern? Even with proper preload, you can have the wrong length pushrod. It shows up with the contact pattern being off-center and wider than it ought to be. If things are right, it should have a nice narrow contact patch right dead center on the back of the valve stem. Usually you have to ink the valve and roll the motor over, then remove the rockers again to see what its doing.
                        Last edited by gadget73; 09-08-2015, 06:01 PM.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I haven't. Though to my uncalibrated eyeball the roller tips did not move around at all while rotating the engine and stood centered on top of the valves. Will be easy enough to check and I do plan to do so.
                          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            I haven't. Though to my uncalibrated eyeball the roller tips did not move around at all while rotating the engine and stood centered on top of the valves. Will be easy enough to check and I do plan to do so.
                            sharpie the tips.

Also check pushrod length by coloring the top of the valve and seeing if the rocker arm tip stays in the center throughout the stroke of the arm. Sorry If you've already done that, I'm an asshole and don't read long things sometimes.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                            The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                            It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

that's starting to look like an engine.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Yep. Here are some pics from the same time as the videos:

Heads chilling on top of the block waiting for some jewelry.

Fonts naked too:

The trick flow 1.6 rollers I put on:

A bunch of shit on the table:

Success on the rocker install:

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X