No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pissed off. Purchased TWO Mustang timing cover/water pump bolt kits and am still TWO effin bolts short of what I need. lol

I need one more medium sized water pump stud and a one off odd ball sized stud for the water pump as well. Junkyard run!

Made up a cardboard template and had the timing cover and water pump handy as well as my car to help me decide what goes where. Arrrgghhhhhh.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Not doing burnouts yet? I'm severely flustered.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Been busy. 200 hrs of ot the last month mang.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Been busy. 200 hrs of ot the last month mang.
          That'll pay for some parts.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I don't think anyone makes a WP bolt kit for our motors. Pretty much sucks, since we have bolts that nothing else seems to use. Wonder if the truck bolt kits are closer. I've been re-using my original bolt set for years. Its been off at least 8 times now, and they are still the original 1986 bolts. Pretty sure its about the only surviving part of the driveline, along with the rear gears and axle housing.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

that would be one reason I would relocate the battery driver side and mustang accessory the bitch if I ever did a serious swap... just for the aftermarket support.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                that would be one reason I would relocate the battery driver side and mustang accessory the bitch if I ever did a serious swap... just for the aftermarket support.
                I second this.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

makes the AC plumbing quite irritating though. Ever seen Fox AC lines? They're retarded. The hoses run back and forth across the engine bay to get in and out of the AC compressor.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah, but I'd rather deal with that. You can get those parts off the shelf.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Not really. Fox AC lines wouldn't be long enough. You'd have to custom make them. The later ones are double stupid. There are two, one that includes both hoses to the compressor and the drier assembly and the other is the liquid line with integral orifice tube. Harder to custom make that POS, the 89- are at least individual hoses.

Comment

I think you're just bias to anything but a box panther, Thain.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I own a Fox body car. I'm allowed to talk shit on them. Trust me, boxes have their own share of faults too. I don't love the accessory drive, but I'm not convinced that the Fox stuff is appreciably better. It does give you a single belt and a spring tensioner though, which would be a gain over the two belt bullshit with the insufficient alternator wrap that we got. Just wish the AC plumbing on the Fox wasn't craptastic.

Comment

That reminds me, The Fox Tom-kat & I are working on will probably need a condensor.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Progress in the form of nut and bolt acquisitions.....

~David~

Comment

accessory bracket and WP bolts ?

Comment

Working...
                                X