PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 210 of 216 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 4317

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Didn't want to come right out and say it but yeah that thing shifts like ass. When I do a rebuild I think i'll just do a silverfox VB. Have a trans-go kit with the hi-rev but the VB kinda takes care of all that doesn't it? As for going stick, I considered it but would rather not. Maybe next time.

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    Have a trans-go kit with the hi-rev but the VB kinda takes care of all that doesn't it?
    No, it does not. Not ALL of it at least.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

I post a lot...

It needs 3 pedals...

‘87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars, Dead AOD.....
    '91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts...

Quote Originally Posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
    I obviously missed this if it was already mentioned somewhere, but what bolt-action trans you got your sights on?
    Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know.
    Here is my list from LMR.com...as of now.

Transmission upgrade for the Crown Victoria

• LRS-7007R spacer plate
    • M6397A302 10.5” pressure plate and clutch bolts and dowels
    • M6375C302B 50oz billet steel 10.5” flywheel
    • M7560A302 10.5” heavy duty clutch kit
    • LRS-7600A pilot bearing
    • M7553A302-K ford clutch fork, cable, quadrant, firewall adjustor, clutch cable retaining clip
    • M7003ZB transmission with bell housing and pivot stud
    • LRS-6397AK bell housing dowel pins
    • HDW-6392A bell housing to block bolts
    • RP-SCM-K Royal purple syncromesh fluid
    • LRS-17271C-K 21 tooth speedmeter gear for manual transmission

Was going to go tremec but am not interested modification to the transmission cross member. The T5z should fit the bill. I don't race. Just some action here and there. If she goes once this is all installed I know I need to upgrade then No biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
    Didn't want to come right out and say it but yeah that thing shifts like ass.
    Sure does. lol

It needs 3 pedals...
    Indeed.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I post a lot...

I now have a 1st gen TKO in my Capri, it has quite happily sucked up everything I have thrown at it..
    I can't even remember how many stock, upgraded gears & Liberty t-5's I have broken in a 2800 lb car, (yours may be somewhat heavier). If you get agressive (and I know you won't) wink wink, you may find yourself wanting to upgrade.
    Last edited by mitymerc; 04-25-2017 at 03:54 PM.

‘87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars, Dead AOD.....
    '91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts...

You twisted my arm. lol

Updated list of goodies:

Alternative List
    • M7003R58C 1979-04 Ford Mustang Ford Racing TKO 600 Transmission .082 Overdrive Ratio
    • RP-SCM-K Royal purple syncromesh fluid
    • LRS-6392A 1979-95 Ford Mustang Ford Racing Tremec Bellhousing
    • LRS-7007R spacer plate
    • LRS-7600A pilot bearing
    • HDW-6392A bell housing to block bolts
    • M236041X Ford Performance 31 Spline Driveshaft Yoke
    • M7553A302-K ford clutch fork, cable, quadrant, firewall adjustor, clutch cable retaining clip
    • RAM-98794T Ram Powergrip Clutch Kit 10.5" 26 Spline
    • M6375C302B 50oz billet steel 10.5” flywheel
    • M6397A302 10.5” pressure plate and clutch bolts and dowels
    • LRS-6397AK bell housing dowel pins
    • LRS-17271C-K 21 tooth speedmeter gear for manual transmission
    • LRS-17271B-K 20 tooth speedmeter gear for manual transmission
    • LRS-7513AK Clutch Fork Cover Kit
    ~David~

I post a lot...

Much better than twisting an output shaft. LOL

Nice! Question: Why they .82 overdrive? not planning many highway trips?
    -Phil

+'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, 2bbl 2150 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. 86 Valve Body with a Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, rear discs, HO intake/TB.

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Are there any additional modifications (on top of what's needed for the T5) needed to make the TKO 600 work?

Packman

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Nice! Question: Why they .82 overdrive? not planning many highway trips?
    Because RACECAR!?

No idea. There is another one available as well. I mainly do highway! Would this one be better suited:

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-TKO600A/79-...d-Transmission

That one has a .69OD.

I don't know about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    Are there any additional modifications (on top of what's needed for the T5) needed to make the TKO 600 work?

Packman
    The transmission crossmember needs to be cut and then reinforced in some fashion. Aside from that I believe no modifications outside of normal T5 modifications needs to be done. One thing of note is the driveshaft yoke difference. Need a new one to make work with existing driveshaft.
    ~David~

I post a lot...

.82 is "less" overdrive, close ratio geared (pun) more for road racing, The .69 would be better for gas mileage.

Kind of like 4.10's vs 3.27's

I post a lot...

Run it past Dad, my brain hurts. I think I typed it backwards....

Yes .69 would be much better, closer to stock which is .68 I believe. it will lower your highway OD RPM's.
    -Phil

+'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, 2bbl 2150 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. 86 Valve Body with a Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, rear discs, HO intake/TB.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

AOD OD is 0.67:1, 0.69:1 is close enough to the same that you'd never really notice. The higher the first number, the higher the RPM you'll be turning at a given speed.

With a naturally aspirated pushrod v8, you probably want less rpm in overdrive to get some fuel economy. If this was some no displacement twin turbo high strung thing that needs 4000 rpm just to move out of the driveway, you probably do not want a tall overdrive gear.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body, 246k and counting

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Run it past Dad, my brain hurts. I think I typed it backwards....

Yes .69 would be much better, closer to stock which is .68 I believe. it will lower your highway OD RPM's.
    Perfect. Thanks for pointing that out Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    AOD OD is 0.67:1, 0.69:1 is close enough to the same that you'd never really notice. The higher the first number, the higher the RPM you'll be turning at a given speed.

With a naturally aspirated pushrod v8, you probably want less rpm in overdrive to get some fuel economy. If this was some no displacement twin turbo high strung thing that needs 4000 rpm just to move out of the driveway, you probably do not want a tall overdrive gear.
    Fuel economy is what I want when I am just cruising on the highway. I will definitely be going with that trans.
    ~David~

She does not like traction.

I had to bail out of the throttle before something happened I couldn't correct.

Wait for the 5 speed.
    ~David~

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Nice!!! Your CV sounds good when you rev it a bit. Probably sounds better in person.

After I got the rear rebuilt; I took the CV for a washing after it had sat at the shop during Sandy. Figured with a tired lopo and a new Track-Lok; it wouldn't spin wet tires. I was wrong; the CV spun the tires and I quickly found myself looking at the sidewalk. I guess the lopo didn't have enough rpms to the wheels to keep it straight? Never did test that out as shortly after, I began having the vacuum issues from the dying intake gasket.

Oh god yes. Don't let Logan see this, he'll bust a nut.
    -Phil

Quote Originally Posted by packman View Post
    Nice!!! Your CV sounds good when you rev it a bit. Probably sounds better in person.

After I got the rear rebuilt; I took the CV for a washing after it had sat at the shop during Sandy. Figured with a tired lopo and a new Track-Lok; it wouldn't spin wet tires. I was wrong; the CV spun the tires and I quickly found myself looking at the sidewalk. I guess the lopo didn't have enough rpms to the wheels to keep it straight? Never did test that out as shortly after, I began having the vacuum issues from the dying intake gasket.
    Thanks.

Oh god yes. Don't let Logan see this, he'll bust a nut.

Is he trapped in your basement again? Not a peep from him in a while.

Anyways I think I mentioned in some earlier posts that I picked up a newer GT40 lower intake with the LARGE oil baffle on the underside. I purchased the 9/16 drill bit for starting the tapping procedure for the air intake temp sensor. Just need to visit the Freight of Harbors for the 3/8-18NPT tap.

While perusing the ebays I struck up a nice deal on another tubular upper intake. Came sandblasted and ready for me to work my magic on. Anyways, the plan is to send the lower and upper intake off to be ported to better match my trick flow heads. When any of this will happen is anyones guess.

Also mentioned some posts above is that I plan on scavenging some Big brake dust shields from the yard next time I visit. Plan to go next week Thursday as that is my first day of vaca.

While on vacation I would love to burn off the rest of these tires, paint the radiator core support and trunk wells (where the rains would catch in the gutters). I have all of the paint to do this.

Once the tires are roasted I will swap on the summer meats (LX sports) and get the winter meats (HPPs) dismounted and start the repaint process on them.

Other things I want to do but forgot......

Otherwise nothing new here.
    ~David~

Some recent shots of the interior and engine bay….

Drilled and tapped the air charge intake temp sensor on a spare gt 40 lower intake:

Plan is to have that and the extra tubular intake ported to better match my heads. Gonna see what size TB I will be using and have my extra lightning egr spacer bored to match everything.
    ~David~

Page 210 of 216 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212 ... LastLast