No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed the lower intake, 86 only heater/intake pipe, thermostat, pcv valve, waterpump bypass tube and headers. Wanted to put the valve covers on but that wasn't going to happen. Boo. Had stock stamped steel ones as well as mustang cast ones with the baffle modified and neither came close to fitting as the rocker nuts were jammed against the lids of the covers. So another order was placed consisting of trickflow valve covers (the ones that come in the kit for these heads and rockers), the oil fill tube and while I was in the ordering mood I clicked on a new oil dipstick tube, wrinkle black paint for the valve covers and POSSIBLY the dipstick tube if I dislike the chrome, waterpump to heater pipe hose, the two hoses from the back of the heater pipe to the heater core and an engine temp sensor…the one for the computer.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Very good. I approve.

"No Officer, I'm just taking pictures of my car. Do you really think a guy who drives an 80s Crown Vic such as mine would do that? Do you think it could even do that?. Yes Officer, you have a nice evening as well. It's okay, I understand your confusion."

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

That's a lot of rubber! Hahaha, what lot was that? Someone's going to be surprised

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Is that your father in the video with you?
          Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Installed the lower intake, 86 only heater/intake pipe, thermostat, pcv valve, waterpump bypass tube and headers. Wanted to put the valve covers on but that wasn't going to happen. Boo. Had stock stamped steel ones as well as mustang cast ones with the baffle modified and neither came close to fitting as the rocker nuts were jammed against the lids of the covers. So another order was placed consisting of trickflow valve covers (the ones that come in the kit for these heads and rockers), the oil fill tube and while I was in the ordering mood I clicked on a new oil dipstick tube, wrinkle black paint for the valve covers and POSSIBLY the dipstick tube if I dislike the chrome, waterpump to heater pipe hose, the two hoses from the back of the heater pipe to the heater core and an engine temp sensor…the one for the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
            Very good. I approve.

"No Officer, I'm just taking pictures of my car. Do you really think a guy who drives an 80s Crown Vic such as mine would do that? Do you think it could even do that?. Yes Officer, you have a nice evening as well. It's okay, I understand your confusion."
            lol

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            That's a lot of rubber! Hahaha, what lot was that? Someone's going to be surprised

Its an overlook a just before Montauk point. About two hrs away from home.

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
            Is that your father in the video with you?
            Yep, that is dad doing all of the work.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I was hoping that was your works parking lot LOL. engine is coming along nicely, I'm jealous of the experience you're getting, as I've never built an engine from the ground up.

-Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

You should do it sometime. They're sort of like Lego construction. Mostly it only fits one way, but it certainly can go different if you force it. Results are generally poor if you do that though

I'm curious how the upper intake will clear with the extra tall valve covers. I'm running tall stock Ford covers with a 3/8" spacer and one of the vacuum ports is jammed hard against the valve cover. Something tells me you're going to need the 1", and you may have to get creative with the vacuum plumbing if there is anything hanging off the outer corner of the intake like Explorer uppers have.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  You should do it sometime. They're sort of like Lego construction. Mostly it only fits one way, but it certainly can go different if you force it. Results are generally poor if you do that though

I'm curious how the upper intake will clear with the extra tall valve covers. I'm running tall stock Ford covers with a 3/8" spacer and one of the vacuum ports is jammed hard against the valve cover. Something tells me you're going to need the 1", and you may have to get creative with the vacuum plumbing if there is anything hanging off the outer corner of the intake like Explorer uppers have.
                  Yeah.. These intakes don't like tall valve covers. That's why mine are ruined.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post

I don't know how tall they will actually be. They will be the valve covers that come in the kit with the heads and rockers if I purchased it as a kit. I'll find out.
                    ~David~

Comment

Valve covers will be three inches tall. That is what the ad says. They should be okay with clearing the rockers as well as the intake...I HOPE.

Also some of my photos from the weekend...

~David~

Comment

Lookin' super sexy & new like. Love the burnout stuff. I forget, did your dad buy that brand new?
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

damn, already on. You may have some issues with oil consumption through the PCV line with that lower intake. Its got the small baffle plate under the PCV. The revised one, as well as the stock one has a much larger plate that covers almost half of the lower intake. The small plate has to come off and you drill/tap the two cast bosses forward of the PCV hole as well in order to mount it.

I'd have said something if I'd seen that before you put it on.
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I wont sweat it. If it needs to come off again in the future I'll make sure to address it then.
                            ~David~

Comment

Call me a noob but did I just force myself into deleting the EGR valve due to the nature of the heads? The center of the heads where they mate against the lower intake (only seen before the intake was on) has holes on some heads and no holes on mine....Is it time to purchase and EGR block off Plate?
                              ~David~

Comment

yessir, either that or you figure how to run external EGR feed by customizing the headers and using whatever egr spacer has the proper connections for that kind of rig.

Comment

Working...
                                X