My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah he's gay for me. Jealous?

Anyways Valve covers are on. Took forever to drill the top of the valve cover to accept the oil fill tube. Maybe it was because I had a steel step bit and an aluminum valve cover.....

Also placed the upper intake on before drilling to ensure I had no clearance issues between it and the oil fill location and found out that the GT 40 tubular intake vacuum runner (underneath the intake between the tubes) makes contact with the 86 specific heater pipe. Actually its is the metal mount that bolts to the intake as well as secures the upper and lower pipe together. 3/8 intake spacer will cure that problem....I know cause I had one on hand! Also no contact between vacuum fittings on the intake and the valve covers. The stock panther vacuum tree does not work with the tubular intake and the dual heater pipe. Too many things in the same place. I have a mustang vacuum tree and will see if that works. The mustang one has three ports (one large two small) like the panther one but is more condensed so it should make less contact with other bits back there.

Speaking of vacuum things canister purge solenoid...... still run it?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Some pics

Fancy ford gaskets:

Vacuum fitting clearance with the 3/8 spacer:

and a mach up before I drilled the hole for the oil fill tube:

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

if it helps any, thats the cooler for the EGR. Since you aren't running EGR, you can cut that off and weld or braze it shut.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

just run the small line down to the intake... if it has a nipple there on the driver side in the rear like the lopo lower.

+1 keep the purge solenoid. Keeps gas smell down as the canister doesn't purge to open air.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            if it helps any, thats the cooler for the EGR. Since you aren't running EGR, you can cut that off and weld or braze it shut.
            Pictical illusion. Not contacting that but the bracket that bolts to the lower intake and hold the two pipes in line.
            ~David~

Comment

ah, don't think you can trim that much.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Picked up this today:

Now to make it look like this.....

Also futzed a round with the engine some. Replaced a non painted bolt for the water pump with a painted one, fitted some vacuum fittings on the upper intake, removed the coolant nipple from the lower for the egr and replaced it with a plug, fitted the Mustang intake vacuum tree to the lower to see if it would work (and it does) as well as painted it and the egr block off plate I received.
                ~David~

Comment

As expected I had to trim some of the organizer to fit around the trunk muncher I had installed years back....

She's currently prepped for some trim and bumper paint. Wax and greased removed the old girl after scuffing it all down with a gray scotch brite pad. Mo' to come...
                  ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    fitted the Mustang intake vacuum tree to the lower to see if it would work (and it does)
                    Pics of that please? If you can get to it easy enough of course.
                    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Sure can Ivan. It was promptly removed to be cleaned and painted (the tree that is) as it was all oil and dirty. Currently hanging in the garage.

Police goodness continued:

Prepped tub and divider:

Painted!

Just some trim and bumper black paint to make it fresh and black again.
                      ~David~

Comment

and here I always thought those whirlygigs were for drying clothing. Picnic tables are for painting.

Comment

Nice score on the organizer. I want the one with the doors, but no luck finding one local.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Yeah I wanted that one as well. There is one on ebay minus the tub (just the dividers and the carpeted top/flaps) for a RIDICULOUS price currently.
                            ~David~

Comment

Been fiddling a bit with whatever free time I have when I feel motivated enough to do so. Lol

Fabbed up a dipstick mount for a mustang dipstick tube I had lying around:

Was a neat little project involving cutting, grinding, wire wheeling, welding, sanding, heating, bending etc etc..

Prepped it for paint:

And sprayed it with engine primer and wrinkle black engine paint:

Scuffed and sprayed the dipstick for it as well:

Wanted to paint it yellow but had none and really would never use that color much again so I painted it red…

Also futzed with the trunk organizer some.

Made up a cardboard template for the rear lids if dads buddy doesn’t end up having a set to spare.

Will make my own if it comes down to it.
                              ~David~

Comment

The tiger is supposed to be in the tank, not in the trunk.

Comment

Working...
                                X