No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work Dave, I know your not putting anything back in there till it's nice and shiny.

Where'd you get those pretty looking bumpstops from?
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

yeah that one bolt is an absolute bastard to get with the suspension in place.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        Nice work! Very exciting seeing your progress ( I guess I don't get out much :P ) I know that engine bay is going to look gorgeous when you're done
        It will look better which is what I am going for. There are so many other pieces I could be removing to make the end result even nicer but I have to draw a line somewhere and this cannot turn into a "forever" project.

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        Nice work Dave, I know your not putting anything back in there till it's nice and shiny.

Where'd you get those pretty looking bumpstops from?
        The bay will be shiny with extreme gloss chassis black paint!

The upper bump stops are painted with some flexible red paint. They are surviving much better than I thought they would. The lower are some aftermarket energy suspension (i believe) bump stops for chevy? I know I had to drill a new alignment hole for the stud. They are nice though!

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        yeah that one bolt is an absolute bastard to get with the suspension in place.
        Indeed. I believe a super shallow 13mm with a built in swivel (or equivalent) would make easier work of it. May have to purchase one to make the reinstall less painful on me.

OH and back in December in "My rare and interesting findings" thread I posted about a NOS smooth rear bumper for 79+ Crown Victoria. It was a local pick up sale only in Pittsburgh. I have a buddy that lives there so I gave him a ring and he picked it up for me. He finally had an opportunity to pick it up on his way back to Jersey from a Cross Country run and it is now in my possession!

And after a quick polish:

Now to find the matching front!
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 02-22-2016, 07:28 PM.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Mmm I smell progress! Dat bumper is mint. What are you going to do with the boat anchor?
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Oh my the bumper is nice!!!
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I see it looks like you need a pitman arm.

Looks damn good I must say. Your frame is also in better condition than my 03 frame, well even though my 03 frame has probably 100k more miles ::Shrug::

Now throw away that torque converter and get something worth giving a damn about. Or just swap er to the manual now and you can hop on board for some good 'ole boat rowing.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

That bumper would match my front NOS bumper nicely . When you posted it I thought about fighting you for it, since it is a rare and perfect match for my stock one, but if anyone/any car deserves a bumper like that it's yours!
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  Mmm I smell progress! Dat bumper is mint. What are you going to do with the boat anchor?
                  I took it to work this morning and am storing it for future projects? At least that is what I am telling myself, I DID though take it to work.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                  Oh my the bumper is nice!!!
                  Thanks

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                  I see it looks like you need a pitman arm.

Looks damn good I must say. Your frame is also in better condition than my 03 frame, well even though my 03 frame has probably 100k more miles ::Shrug::

Now throw away that torque converter and get something worth giving a damn about. Or just swap er to the manual now and you can hop on board for some good 'ole boat rowing.
                  I'll give YOU a pitman arm!

That torque converter will be going away and B&M unit is going into its place for a little time until I am comfortable with how the car drives after the swap then THAT will go as well for a 5 speed.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                  That bumper would match my front NOS bumper nicely . When you posted it I thought about fighting you for it, since it is a rare and perfect match for my stock one, but if anyone/any car deserves a bumper like that it's yours!

Whhhhaaaaaaatt? You found a NOS front one? How much you want for it? I need to find me a matching front one. Gonna be tough.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Lookin' great, mang. Thanks for the hookup on the headers too!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I see you pulled your motor out with the crane on the side. If I had more room, I would've done that too. Glad to see a bunch more progress on this thing! It's gonna be really good, I just know it!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                        Lookin' great, mang. Thanks for the hookup on the headers too!

NP. Mang

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                        I see you pulled your motor out with the crane on the side. If I had more room, I would've done that too. Glad to see a bunch more progress on this thing! It's gonna be really good, I just know it!
                        I had too. Not enough reach with the crane from the front and I was not about to pull off the bumper to make it work. I was already cringing at the fact I had to remove the hood!
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          I took it to work this morning and am storing it for future projects? At least that is what I am telling myself, I DID though take it to work.

Thanks

I'll give YOU a pitman arm!

That torque converter will be going away and B&M unit is going into its place for a little time until I am comfortable with how the car drives after the swap then THAT will go as well for a 5 speed.

Whhhhaaaaaaatt? You found a NOS front one? How much you want for it? I need to find me a matching front one. Gonna be tough.

GET THE DAMN PITMAN ARM.

Oh. I NEED BOTH OF THOSE GODDAMN BUMPERS TOO

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

No to pitman arm.
                            ~David~

Comment

There must be an inside joke I'm missing
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Watch out with those B&M converters, I had one balloon on me and I know Eric's had problems with them as well.
                                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Working...
                                X