PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221
Results 4,401 to 4,409 of 4409

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

PS system will prime itself without any issue. Just don't start it with the reservoir dry and it will be ok. once it starts, add fluid as needed.

Tthere is the flood start mode you can try, stand on the pedal and crank it. It will stop spraying fuel and may clear itself out enough to go. Maybe.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    PS system will prime itself without any issue.
    Not if you rebuild your pump and upon reassembly you use liberal amounts of Lucas mucus it won't! Other than that tho, yeah they self-prime just fine, tho I usually spin the pulley by hand quite a few times to help it. Cordless drill with an old alt pulley rigged in the chuck and an old belt also works quite well.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

After removing the plugs, cleaning them and letting things air out a bit all was fine.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    After removing the plugs, cleaning them and letting things air out a bit all was fine.
    I was gonna say if you pulled plugs just leave them out for a while and gasoline will evaporate in a timely enough fashion. But I forgot to do so, lol
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

local to work AZ had the 2002 high pressure power steering line in stock so I nabbed it just in-case my last ditch effort flare job does not hold.
    ~David~

What did you have to flare anyways? If you have things the way I think you do there should have been been able to just unbolt the box PS hose from the brass union and leave the union attached to the section of whale aluminum pressure line. Did you not have enough space to get tools in there to do that?

Things got disrupted when removing the box PS hose from union and the whale side of things no longer wanted to seal.
    ~David~

Ah, ok, that's kinda weird it happened but whatever, you got it fixed.

Btw on my valve cover issues, I found a set of the older taller Ford tins that I thought would clear, well I have to take baffles out but other than that yes they clear the rockers just fine. Intake vacuum elbows needed to be turned 90 degrees so they point sideways and then they clear as well, one turned fine but the other broke off so I cut it down almost flush with the intake and tapped the steel for regular 3/8" bolt, then threaded such a bolt (very short one) in with RTV as a thread sealer. Expecting zero issues with any of that.

Updates....

None.

Planning to start on some mans trans swap bits. Primary attacking and building the pedal assembly. Fancy brake and clutch pedal covers are going on so some re-working of the mustang stock clutch pedal and panther brake pedals are in order.

Haven't touched the car since my last post as I have been BUSY and its been darn cold or flat out cruddy to do anything.

Hoping nothing leaks and I can button the things up.
    ~David~

Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221