No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just check what the labels are. Some of them aren't very heat resistant. Most of the label makers that have the cassette type thing can be had with different materials for different uses.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeppers.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Diddled around with the engine some...Figuring out routing of vacuum hoses and harnesses:

~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well dressed motor mang
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Word of warning, I have sorta-similar wire loom things on mine. They hit the side of the AC compressor. I had to bend that one upward to get clearance. Yours might be angled down more than mine were though, so it might clear. Might want to fit that bracket on there just in case before you get it in the car and find out its in the way. I do like yours better, mine are like 68 convenient pieces that have to assemble with lots of shit to drop any time you want to change the wires. Looks like that one you pull a couple screws and the whole thing opens, on mine I get 4 blocks per side, 2 screws each on the first two with nuts on the back, and every one of them has to come out to change the wires.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I ran these on the old engine and I did have to cut it down to fit behind the ac compressor. You are ABSOLUTELY correct about it interfering. I took care of that though the first go around and lopped of an inch or so and drilled and tapped a new hole to secure its lid.

Mine is very simple. Two bolts to valve covers and two screws holding the lid on. Done and done.

Again YES to anyone wanting to run these spark plus wire dividers.....the ac compressor will interfere with it and it must be cut down.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Word of warning, I have sorta-similar wire loom things on mine. They hit the side of the AC compressor. I had to bend that one upward to get clearance. Yours might be angled down more than mine were though, so it might clear. Might want to fit that bracket on there just in case before you get it in the car and find out its in the way. I do like yours better, mine are like 68 convenient pieces that have to assemble with lots of shit to drop any time you want to change the wires. Looks like that one you pull a couple screws and the whole thing opens, on mine I get 4 blocks per side, 2 screws each on the first two with nuts on the back, and every one of them has to come out to change the wires.
              ~David~

Comment

It's looking very good! My only thought is that you might have a hood clearance problem using the upper intake with that intake spacer. Just a heads up.

Comment

Who makes those dividers anyway? I might be interested in getting a set next time I'm due for wires.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    It's looking very good! My only thought is that you might have a hood clearance problem using the upper intake with that intake spacer. Just a heads up.
                    Well have bigger problems then as the intake only fits with the spacer!

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    Who makes those dividers anyway? I might be interested in getting a set next time I'm due for wires.
                    This is sorta it: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/spe-4902

But not quite....looks like they make them cheaper now but jacked up the price.

Here is my original post about them:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post655549

Pretty cool that the paint on them to this day was sprayed back in 2012 and still looks pretty on the new engine.
                    ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Well have bigger problems then as the intake only fits with the spacer!
                      I had a 3/8 spacer on my Exlorer intake, tested for clearance and there was about an inch above that so you should be good.
                      The engine looks great, I'm using a different wire holder that goes vertical rather than horizontal so it's a bit further from exhaust, makes me a bit more comfortable since I previously burned one wire with nothing really holding them.
                      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
                        I had a 3/8 spacer on my Exlorer intake, tested for clearance and there was about an inch above that so you should be good.
                        The engine looks great, I'm using a different wire holder that goes vertical rather than horizontal so it's a bit further from exhaust, makes me a bit more comfortable since I previously burned one wire with nothing really holding them.
                        That is great news Tom on the clearance. I have a 3/8 spacer and a 1/2 ready for the car. Nice to know that the 1/2 could work out too. Currently the 3/8 is on there for allowing the upper to clear.
                        ~David~

Comment

I had a 1" spacer on an explorer intake and there was plenty of room.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Trade that for a Lincoln. They have more hood clearance.

Comment

87 and down Crown vics must have the lowest hood clearance then. My hood wouldn't close with a spacer on my explorer intake...

Comment

I'm putting a 1" spacer on when I change my valve covers, that's why I checked for clearance since I knew a 3/8" wouldn't clear the covers I got.
                                1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X