No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My valve covers had to suffer the dent since there's no other way that I would fit one of those tubular intakes on my car. I wanted to run a spacer and still plan to, even though I know I have to cut my hood

This is also because the three fiddy 'won is comparable to a tall and overweight man.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

How big of a wire do those looms hold?

If I wasn't delayed again this year with swapping engines, I would give you the hood on my '86 to play with if yours doesn't close.

Packman

Comment

I had a set of looms for my Malibu that housed the Accel 300+ wires. But the looms are too small for the Moroso Ultra40 wires. Too bad, as the looms are blue.

Packman

Comment

Thanks Jacob. 8mm I believe is their max wire size. Don't quote me.

Look what I found:

Oh what do we have here:

Aftermarket? and not exactly what I wanted though I got it for an absolute STEAL

You can see it was at least rechromed and had a tag welded to it if it was ever a stock ford piece.

What I am really looking for is the bumper with the inserts that match the grille with no rubber trims.

This will do for now though....Gonna polish it up once the weather gets a bit nicer and stash her in the attic along side its mate for the rear.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

David, That engine is AWESOME looking, I can't wait to see & hear it!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Looking good Dave!!

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks guys

Here is the new front bumper all shined up!

Picked up some 5/16" steel tubing and will be patching the transmission lines right by the rear oil pan sump. For some reason they are SUPER scaly there and I don;t want to risk it blowing after the engine is back in because it is just to easy to take care of it now.

Have to pull the drain and swap converters, drain and swap tranny pans, pull the valve body and put in some new 2-3 shift springs and pull the tail shaft and slip in a hi rev governor, make up the wires for the new high torque mini starter then the new engine can be dropped in and reassembly begins.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I used similar looms back when I did my coupe up. I used 9mm FRPP wires without issue. Mine were polished, but I painted them, because.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-06-15_19-46-40_637.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	1279010

Good work so far Dave. Is this car staying an auto indefinitely?
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Its up in the air Nate. If I am happy with the auto's performance I will leave it in for a bit or until it breaks. I do want to convert it to a manual transmission down the line though, however far down that may be.....

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    I used similar looms back when I did my coupe up. I used 9mm FRPP wires without issue. Mine were polished, but I painted them, because.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44661[/ATTACH]

Good work so far Dave. Is this car staying an auto indefinitely?
                    ~David~

Comment

Bending action!

Spliced in some new tranny line...5/16" btw.

Also replaced all vacuum lines dealing with the charcoal canister. One port on the charcoal canister is BIG.Bigger then the remaining line. It is adapted to the normal line size through a coupler that has a restrictor built into it. Also tested the canister purge solenoid. Surprisingly that functions perfectly.

Lastly I wanted to relocate the starters cable from the fender mounted triggered terminal to the always HOT terminal. No room. All used up! SO It will now live on one side of the mega fuse block just below the battery on the fender liner. Couldn't find a ring terminal on hand to re-terminate it so that will be addressed another day. Why always HOT...because upgraded mini starter.

Getting close to dumping the heart in place. replace torque converter and mess with tranny valve body and pan replacement....and run a wire from the triggered side of the fender mounted solenoid to the starter and we are ready for lift off. Will replace the shift governor when the engine is in so the tranny wont flop all around.
                      ~David~

Comment

Hate it when the tranny flops around. Much better when its rigid.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Rigor mortis? Dayum, you people ARE sick!!! lol
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            That's what the gimp said! LoL
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

More tranny action.

Old...leaking its gutss. SLOW drain BTW.

New and old:

Empty:

Filled with its new balloon prone converter:

Terminated the shortened starter cable to the mega fuse block housing and ran the new trigger wire from the solenoid and met up with the existing starter cable. All tubed and ziptied together. Nicey Nice.
                              ~David~

Comment

Interesting way of propping the transmission up. The way I usually do it is reinstall the two frame braces (from under engine crossmember back to the frame corners where they like to rus under the four body mounts behind the front wheels), then lay a piece of 2x4 on top of them across the frame, and the bottom of the transmission bellhousings rests on that. It's pretty super stable that way, I just bounced an engineless car over some dirt road bumps and dips and everything stayed put.
                                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X