My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Before the cat after the narrowband. What trans pan gasket did you use?
    No cats on this pig. Why after the narrowband? Just curious as I heard as close to the header as possible before but not after the narrowbands.

Rubber ducky pan gasket. The pan came with a cardboard one all folded up. Yeah like ima supposed to use that?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That's one sexy pan.... Do you already have a shift kit in there?

Semi-related question, when you took the tailhousing off, was part of the parking paw assembly in there? any pictures?

You read correctly, the wideband should go as close to the header as you can get it. The narrowband placements on panthers are a decent place to put a wideband, but if you can put the bung closer, it will detect changes faster, and heat up faster.

Is your car exempt from emissions testing in NY due to age?
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        That's one sexy pan.... Do you already have a shift kit in there?

Semi-related question, when you took the tailhousing off, was part of the parking paw assembly in there? any pictures?

You read correctly, the wideband should go as close to the header as you can get it. The narrowband placements on panthers are a decent place to put a wideband, but if you can put the bung closer, it will detect changes faster, and heat up faster.

Is your car exempt from emissions testing in NY due to age?
        I have a B&M Shift Improver kit in there. I added this transgo HIREV kit to up the shifts. The other kit just made things firmer.

No pics of the inside but I believe it was just an empty cone.

So I will aim to get the wide band O2 as close to the header as possible. Any particular side it should go in over the other?

I think its just a visual now for cars 1995 and older.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          I have a B&M Shift Improver kit in there. I added this transgo HIREV kit to up the shifts. The other kit just made things firmer.

No pics of the inside but I believe it was just an empty cone.

So I will aim to get the wide band O2 as close to the header as possible. Any particular side it should go in over the other?

I think its just a visual now for cars 1995 and older.
          Only visual??!! Time to hollow out those cats! No business under a 'big steam' boat.

Hey I'm not against autos. Well alright I am a little bit, I've got nothing against an auto that's shifting how it should (Hammering through gears, like a manual) but I am against a sloppy and shitty one. The only way to mend this issue correctly is to just swap out that disgusting, overcomplicated and heavy slushbox with something that DESERVES to be there. Like a manual, because manuals don't need all this fancy valve body mumbo jumbo or this "Governor" bullshit. Your auto may limit you to shifting at certain RPMs at certain times. My T5 will only whimper as I shift it at 5700, into every gear.

Hey, it's not about longevity of life. It's about me being able to do what I want and when I want. Ain't no automatic transmission man to hold ME back.

I don't know what the hell I'm saying, I hope you got a good laugh out of this.

Big steam.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
          The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
          It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            It shouldn't matter. In a perfect world both sides are doing the same damn thing or close to it. When I ran my wideband I ran it in the passenger side as that was the side I could get my narrowband out of. In Phils case we used the driver side.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
              Only visual??!! Time to hollow out those cats! No business under a 'big steam' boat.

Hey I'm not against autos. Well alright I am a little bit, I've got nothing against an auto that's shifting how it should (Hammering through gears, like a manual) but I am against a sloppy and shitty one. The only way to mend this issue correctly is to just swap out that disgusting, overcomplicated and heavy slushbox with something that DESERVES to be there. Like a manual, because manuals don't need all this fancy valve body mumbo jumbo or this "Governor" bullshit. Your auto may limit you to shifting at certain RPMs at certain times. My T5 will only whimper as I shift it at 5700, into every gear.

Hey, it's not about longevity of life. It's about me being able to do what I want and when I want. Ain't no automatic transmission man to hold ME back.

I don't know what the hell I'm saying, I hope you got a good laugh out of this.

Big steam.
              He speaks the truth..

Off road H pipe mang. No cats to slaughter.

It shouldn't matter. In a perfect world both sides are doing the same damn thing or close to it. When I ran my wideband I ran it in the passenger side as that was the side I could get my narrowband out of. In Phils case we used the driver side.
              Ok. SO when I have the h pipe in I will see where it will be easiest to add a bung for the wide band 02 sensor.
              ~David~

Comment

Nice write up and that's one sexy trans pan.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nice progress Dave! I wish I had used that pan (not that it matters now) on my coupe. I used the B&M +3 qt, and it was really low. Significantly below the front cross-member low.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

If I recall, you will have plenty of room on the driver's side header (we used that side for the wideband) to add a bung. I may also do this, since I'm contemplating running a wideband around the clock, once my big ole girl gets boosted.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                      Nice progress Dave! I wish I had used that pan (not that it matters now) on my coupe. I used the B&M +3 qt, and it was really low. Significantly below the front cross-member low.
                      I remember you mentioning that it hung low on the coupe. This pan does not look out of place. It is higher than the front cross member. One of the first things I looked at after putting it in.

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                      If I recall, you will have plenty of room on the driver's side header (we used that side for the wideband) to add a bung. I may also do this, since I'm contemplating running a wideband around the clock, once my big ole girl gets boosted.
                      I will check it out. So you just welded in a bung and plugged it when no wideband was in use?
                      ~David~

Comment

No, he left the narrowband out. He's saying you can do that though. Especially since you don't have cats.

Comment

No, he left the narrowband out. He's saying you can do that though. Especially since you don't have cats.
                          This.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

And this does not fuck with things the computer is doing? I think I will add the bung for the wideband permanently and run it permanently.
                            ~David~

Comment

somehow expecting a multi-bank EEC to run on a single oxy sensor and trim the fuel properly doesn't seem like it would work correctly. Batch fire does it that way, but those are stupid anyway.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah....

Contacted Willie at DirtyDirty racing (kick ass name btw) and my quarterhouse is on its way. So is Binary Editor from core tuning. Now just need to finish up the damned car and see how she runs..I mean does burnouts.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X