My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awwhhhh fucka-U

BIG thanks to John (86VickyLx) for steering me there. My tuner was thinking the same thing.

Should get it milled but right now thicker compressible gaskets I had on hand are doing the trick.

IT RUNS and idles between 600 and 1000 all on its own!

It RUNS shity. lol

Still work to be done but good none the less.

NO CODES and passes two consecutive cylinder balance tests (doing two in a row tightens up the parameters it is testing).

To be continued.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Glad you found the issue!
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

It runs it runs!!! This thread is turning around! Hope that's the only problem!
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yay!!
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well, that would explain it. Big ass vacuum leak indeed. Surprised a stock casting is that whacked out. I wonder if those tubular intakes just aren't as stable as the chunkier cast Explorer piece.

Also, how flat is your straight edge? I do see China on it, and its a carpenters tool. I think I've got that same one at work, and we actually filed it flat using the table on the drill press as a reference surface. A steel rule out of a combo square is usually a pretty decent straight edge.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Must be a huge relief to have found the issue. Good luck with the tune and finishing it up!!
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

dayum... that's a HUGE f'n gap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That's gotta be a great eureka moment, not to mention a huge relief. Like Tiggie said I'm glad this is turning around, staying tuned for further updates..
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Sweetness.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Video?

Comment

That's awesome. Where's the friggin celebration vid???? :-p

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Well, that would explain it. Big ass vacuum leak indeed. Surprised a stock casting is that whacked out. I wonder if those tubular intakes just aren't as stable as the chunkier cast Explorer piece.

Also, how flat is your straight edge? I do see China on it, and its a carpenters tool. I think I've got that same one at work, and we actually filed it flat using the table on the drill press as a reference surface. A steel rule out of a combo square is usually a pretty decent straight edge.
                          Straighter then my intake! We used a couple different things to check the straightness of the intake. It was wonky. No clue how it could have gotten that way especially considering the lower intake is perfectly flat. I purchased the pair together from the same seller.

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                          Must be a huge relief to have found the issue. Good luck with the tune and finishing it up!!
                          It was nice to not hear that noise again. Thanks.

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          dayum... that's a HUGE f'n gap.
                          Yeah. It would look even bigger if I had taken a picture with a level that spanned both ends.

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                          That's gotta be a great eureka moment, not to mention a huge relief. Like Tiggie said I'm glad this is turning around, staying tuned for further updates..
                          Going away again for a couple days...progress after that? Did pick up a 5 gallon gas can and dumped 93 in the tank. She was running LOW.

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                          Sweetness.
                          BIG STEAM!

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                          Video?
                          I was concerned the engine was camera shy.

Originally posted by packman View Post
                          That's awesome. Where's the friggin celebration vid???? :-p
                          Again. Celebrations will be had by balding tires and smoke.
                          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

What's odd is that Bobcat's engine had an intake that looked like it got hit by a triaxle or something, slight bend to it where the runners leave the EGR spacer flange area, but it sealed up just fine? Yours is nice and straight, and does not seal! WTF? lol
                            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

The way she goes sometimes.
                              ~David~

Comment

True that, it is what it is! Btw you got a PM
                                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Working...
                                X