My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Again. Celebrations will be had by balding tires and smoke.
    Yah, but there is usually a "yup yup" dance when you (okay, I) figure a problem out. That's when the Jersey quilt comes out and I dance around the driveway and backyard until the neighbors call the police. That's what I meant. I assumed there will be burnout vids and the such consequently.

Packman

Comment

Nice!

I just revved it a couple times over 6k. It was good enough for me. Made me smile and feel victorious.
      Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-25-2016, 04:56 PM.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
        What's odd is that Bobcat's engine had an intake that looked like it got hit by a triaxle or something, slight bend to it where the runners leave the EGR spacer flange area, but it sealed up just fine? Yours is nice and straight, and does not seal! WTF? lol
        RIGHT, that's what I was saying.

I really need to get that fucking thing fixed. Or just sell it.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Actually if the bend is such that it angles the TB a bit towards the front of the engine when installed in a Panther, I'd leave it be. The whale PI air intake tube does not fit 302/351 properly, yes it fits but it angles funky at the TB - the wagon I'm working on actually has the tube ripped right at the flange area there cause of that. Angling the TB forward a bit would line it up just about perfect with the PI tube.
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

It just is bearable on mine. I have a PI air intake set up on my Vic.

The brake line out of the proportioning valve just contacts the zip tube otherwise it fits perfectly as it has a good amount of flex built in it at the accordion.

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
            Actually if the bend is such that it angles the TB a bit towards the front of the engine when installed in a Panther, I'd leave it be. The whale PI air intake tube does not fit 302/351 properly, yes it fits but it angles funky at the TB - the wagon I'm working on actually has the tube ripped right at the flange area there cause of that. Angling the TB forward a bit would line it up just about perfect with the PI tube.
            Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-26-2016, 02:44 PM.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The brake line out of the proportioning valve just contacts the zip tube otherwise it fits perfectly as it has a good amount of flex built in it at the accordion.

That's the grosssss looking one that I have. I absolutely hate it.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

That one lays in there better than the ziggy-zoggy one I have.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My 93 is happy with the ziggy one that has a 90 degree bend at the TB. (PI swapped so the tube comes off the side instead of being at the back - in case someone reading this didn't already know.) My 88 has the same one (in rather beat condition because beater), but that one has so much modified around that tube that it really doesn't matter. It does fit nicely though it's not near as big around as the one pictured up there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                    That's the grosssss looking one that I have. I absolutely hate it.
                    It is the cleanest stock piece you can obtain. I find it very appealing.
                    ~David~

Comment

Mine does fit OK with the bendy piece, but if I can put my grubby little hands on the PI one thats what will go on there.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That stupid thing will not fit on my car. The 98-02 hose has more room.

Comment

I don't even know what the shooting brake runs. It's large, and has no air jugs. But its geometry is less than ideal, and its rubber material is stiff enough that it didn't flex too well and tore at the TB. What's the best thing to use to replace this with?
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

I think thats the 98-02 pipe on his car, or it sure looks like the 98-02 part on mine. I've got pipe plugs siliconed into mine to cork up the holes. Fits pretty good tho. The one with the "jugs" is the Towncar part. They're one of the goofy air resonator/silencer things that makes the car sound slower.

Comment

Yeah this one got the plugged ports as well. So it's probably the '98-'02 then.

Comment

I have wine corks plugging the holes on my air tube.

Comment

Working...
                                X