No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go by what the ECM has to say about it. Its the only one that really matters. Cheap volt meters lie like rugs. I finally had to break down and buy a better one. Its lovely, but its basically rack mount gear and absolutely impractical for auto use. Need to get something suitable for that job.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

power probe was 150 and I trust it tremendously. I understand going by what the ECM reads though. Easy enough to tweak the TP back some and get it within idle range as seen by the ECM.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

oops I have appeared to enter the incorrect datalog. Here is the most recent one...

reading at idle with TPS is .87 Im in range/close according to you John. Others were before final adjustment of the TPS.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-05-2016, 06:21 PM.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

spot on yo!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Have you driven it yet?

Because, burnouts.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Battery ground and computer ground two different things.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                oops I have appeared to enter the incorrect datalog. Here is the most recent one...

reading at idle with TPS is .87 Im in range/close according to you John. Others were before final adjustment of the TPS.
                Much better. Should idle better now.

Comment

You tell me. look at the document.

No burnouts or driving...weather is shitty.
                  ~David~

Comment

If the magic probe doesn't meter from the black to the green wire, it won't tell you what the ecm sees. Engine ground and sigrtn are in theory the same since they do come together somewhere along the line but for various reasons they rarely are precisely the same value.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Before the power probe I went with a multimeter from the TPS screw to the green lead. With the power probe I then just metered the green lead (as the power probe has a ground lead at the battery). Guess I can stick the laptop out the window with KOEO and datalog to see what the TPS is reading according to the ECM to make it count where it matters most.
                      ~David~

Comment

Meter it from the black wire on the tps to the green. That should match up with what the ECM says about it.

Comment

I'll take a closer look at the tune as soon as I can, hopefully I can point out a few things that need correcting. I've been meaning to, but it can take a bit of time to sort through the data
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

No problem. I am not expecting anything Phil. I don;t want to bother the tuner with outside opinions on his stuff unless something blatantly obvious was missed. Still early in the tuning stages of this car.

I will meter from black wire to green wire. I have some nice pins to use as a backprobe just for this.
                            ~David~

Comment

Well this ain't good BUT expected. Glad I checked before trying to tune around it.

~David~

Comment

Oh boy! That's a neat little device you made, where did you find plans for that? I could sometimes use a smoker, and that doesn't look too complicated. Hope planing the intake wont cost you too much. The lower intake is straight?
                                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X