My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower is fine. Super flat.

6 and change for the paint can at HD. I drilled a hole and inserted a tire valve near the bottom and popped a hole in the lid and installed a vacuum nipple. Heat up a piece of charcoal and dump some shredded cardboard turn on the tire compressor and let her rip. The lid popped off a couple of times which was a little scary but it worked GREAT.

Will do another test once intake is reinstalled.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i'll take your word for it, can't see the smoke. Any competent engine shop can sort that out easily. Big ass vacuum leak will certainly screw with the tuning though.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

saw the stains on the spacer though. dang.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Put an explorer upper on it and be done with it...

Comment

I have one here if you need it.
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              i'll take your word for it, can't see the smoke. Any competent engine shop can sort that out easily. Big ass vacuum leak will certainly screw with the tuning though.

It is currently at a machine shop/speed shop. I wanted to ensure the engine was "right" before wasting the tuners time.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              Put an explorer upper on it and be done with it...
              Contemplated that but the look of the intake is just blah. I'm a flashy guy that spent way to much on the damned thing to let it sit around.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Contemplated that but the look of the intake is just blah. I'm a flashy guy that spent way to much on the damned thing to let it sit around.
                Funny thing is, the blah looking intake can outflow the flashy warped thing with only a little bit of porting work.

Comment

Make the car work right and you don't have to spend so much time under the hood. At that point it doesn't matter what the intake looks like
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    I'm a flashy guy
                    Flashy in a gay way

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      Funny thing is, the blah looking intake can outflow the flashy warped thing with only a little bit of porting work.
                      Do the equal amount of porting to minzes and....the tubular will still be better.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Make the car work right and you don't have to spend so much time under the hood. At that point it doesn't matter what the intake looks like
                      Shut up wise man! You are absolutely correct.

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                      Flashy in a gay way
                      Nice sig quote.

All betters now....

~David~

Comment

Oh god, I love a freshly machined surface.
                        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

So how does it run?
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

shiny

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

It lives....

Here is the intake and its spacer and gasket:

3/8 phenolic Trick flow spacer.... Needed to clear the valve covers and vacuum fittings under the intake.

And before I started her up I took your suggestions and set the TPS voltage with the ground supplied by the computer. It was at .98 by using battery ground but through compute ground it was .91 which is low. I set it to .97/8 datalogs and the quarterhorse confirm it sees .98 now.

I also smoke tested the engine…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkjCJdTUrzo

Then fired her up:

Tune 3 was the best so far. Lower AFR’s and steady idle.

Tried tune 4 and that smoothed out the idle a lot but then it began to hunt and felt low on power/hitting a wall when revving it up.

Tune 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqvODapZDuo

Tune 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=569cxHmL9EI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3uB1jCMd80

I attached data logs of the funny idle of tune 4 as well as some of tune 3.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-14-2016, 09:20 PM.
                              ~David~

Comment

Sounds nice, what cam is in there?
                                1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X