Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFloZbT99oE

Comment

Ah, you're turning into me with all this speeding. I love it.

Yup, time for a manual. Before that slushbox leaves you stranded.

Steam.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
      The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
      It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

This was with NO front sway bar. Weird and floaty feeling on turns to say the least.

RA shipment came in yesterday with my end links. Too bad one of them is wrong. I ordered two Moog K8953 but got one Moog K8853. Part pull fail. No sway bar going on today.

I did order a Infinity Basslink powered sub the other day from Crutchfield just to give the toons a bit of bass. Plan to mount it horizontally above the gas tank in the trunk. Will have to think up of a nifty way to mount the sucker that does not involve drilling into the gas tank. I have a nice rockford fosgate power splitter that will need to me mounted somewhere near by as well. Power will be redirected to the two way splitter then off to my 4 channel amp for the speakers and this new powered sub. RCA cables from the headunit to the trunk area were ran years ago in preparation for this. Just have to plug them into the back of the radios SUB RCA's. Will have to loop the "trigger" out of the 4 channel amp over t the powered sub to make her go boom.

I ordered a new amp install kit for this as well. The current fuse holder underneath the hood sorta disintegrated with time. I also needed more power wire so the kit will not go to waste.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It is probable you were going too fast for him to take a chance. High speed pursuits are dangerous so an officer is supposed to consider that before engaging.

Many years ago I had a red 68 charger 383 auto, my 2nd car. I was dating a girl about 15-20 minutes away on the Saw Mill parkway a 4 lane 50mph road. Back then traffic was much lighter, in the wee hours you were often the only one on the road for miles.

One night I was heading home in light rain at maybe 2 or 3 AM. Since it was wet I was taking it easy, maybe 60 mph. The lights come on in the rearview. I pull over, not too worried. I get out, the officer walks up and starts yelling in my face 'SLOW DOWN, SLOW THE FUCK DOWN'.

Boy was I surprised. I respectfully said something like 'Jeeze officer I didn't think I was going that fast.' He said, 'I HAD YOU DOING 80 AND OVER 90 MPH, I KNOW HOW YOU DRIVE.' Now no longer screaming, 'I am warning you, slow the fuck down.' I say 'Ah.. Ah.. yes thank you'. He then just turned and walked away.

Don't be surprised if he "gets you later"
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Let me know how that sub works out. Considering something small for the Mark VII. Its got more space to work with right behind the rear seat, but I don't want to eat the trunk or overpower the stock 40 wpc JBL amp with something massive either.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
              It is probable you were going too fast for him to take a chance. High speed pursuits are dangerous so an officer is supposed to consider that before engaging.

Many years ago I had a red 68 charger 383 auto, my 2nd car. I was dating a girl about 15-20 minutes away on the Saw Mill parkway a 4 lane 50mph road. Back then traffic was much lighter, in the wee hours you were often the only one on the road for miles.

One night I was heading home in light rain at maybe 2 or 3 AM. Since it was wet I was taking it easy, maybe 60 mph. The lights come on in the rearview. I pull over, not too worried. I get out, the officer walks up and starts yelling in my face 'SLOW DOWN, SLOW THE FUCK DOWN'.

Boy was I surprised. I respectfully said something like 'Jeeze officer I didn't think I was going that fast.' He said, 'I HAD YOU DOING 80 AND OVER 90 MPH, I KNOW HOW YOU DRIVE.' Now no longer screaming, 'I am warning you, slow the fuck down.' I say 'Ah.. Ah.. yes thank you'. He then just turned and walked away.

Don't be surprised if he "gets you later"
              Anything is possible.

We have a freelance driver here at work that is a retired Police Officer. When he was on the force (Early 80's) he would pull kids over in mustangs and Camaros etc and open there hood and pull a spark plug off.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              Let me know how that sub works out. Considering something small for the Mark VII. Its got more space to work with right behind the rear seat, but I don't want to eat the trunk or overpower the stock 40 wpc JBL amp with something massive either.
              Will do. But this may not be what you are looking for. This particular unit is a powered amp. One full unit with amp and sub inside.

Regardless, I purchased the three year return policy if it shits the bed. They have been known to die after a year or so according to many of the reviewers.

I am hoping it fits nicely besides the spare tire up in the trunk package shelf.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Took the girl out today for a 200mile outing. Flawless victory photos:

I threw together a little video of the Car:

And some teasers of things to come:

~David~

Comment

Sweet video!! Love your Vic!
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                  1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                  1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Where is your hood ornament?

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Will do. But this may not be what you are looking for. This particular unit is a powered amp. One full unit with amp and sub inside.
                      that would be ideal for the Mark VII. The only amp it has is the stock JBL unit, and I really don't want to get into adding a bunch of extra crap to the mix. The stock amp is good for a a blazing 40 watts per channel so it doesn't need anything huge.
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                        Where is your hood ornament?
                        I have a delete plate installed. Car is under a cover all the time.
                        ~David~

Comment

That usually won't bother the hood ornament. It'll poke a hole right through the cover to give itself clearance

Comment

1979 Mercury Marquis Chrome Seat Belt Buckles

Today I installed the Chrome? 1979 Marquis Seat Belt Buckles.

They were in rough shape when I pulled them from the yard. Rusty and dirty:

I say Chrome? Because they are not aluminum due to the rust and how stainless can they be is they pitted like this?

Regardless of what material they actually are they cleaned up well enough:

The rear seat belt buckle was no where near as bad as the two fronts were originally. There was very minimal polishing needed to make that one shine up again.

Here is the drivers side with the original seat belt buckle in place:

If you are wondering about the seatbelt guide installed on the seat they are from an 80’s Thunderbird and the headrest is from a Mustang of the same era.

The original 1987 seat belt buckle consists of 4 pieces. The decorative cover, the buckle and two pieces that clip into each other that ultimately retain the seatbelt onto the buckle:

The black piece slips over the metal bar and locks the piece in place in the buckle which is ultimately hidden by the decorative cover.

The 1979 Marquis buckles I pulled are a bit different in design:

Instead of having that black plastic piece and the metal bar that slips into the sides of the buckle the ’79 piece consists of just the buckle and the bar rests inside of the buckle and is housed by the metal decorative/functional cover. I say functional because that is the only thing ensuring that your seatbelt remains in place.

The functionality of the ’79 piece is presented in this photo:

And then the metal cover ensures you stay safe:

The original center rear seat uses an identical 4 piece buckle design as the fronts did. The black plastic piece is still around the metal bar and in place within the buckle as it is not necessary to remove it to remove the seat belt from the buckle.

The rear piece is a bit different. Though to remove and install either one only the decorative cover needs to be removed.

Here is the rear one installed:

And the passengers side all complete:

And one more of the driver’s side:

One thing worth mentioning that only the keen may have even picked up on is the difference in buckle latching design between the two. The '79 piece latches in place just fine with the '87 receptacles so I have no concerns.
                            ~David~

Comment

This thing needs fox mustang seats. With halos, of course
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I could benefit from them for sure.

Put over 500 miles on her already and all well so far!

Latest trip:

Tripminder said 16.5 gallons used.

Tripminder said 303.2 miles.

Tripminder said 18.1 MPG

Put in 17.006 gallons of fuel to completely fill it up.

Car was previously filled to the top (actually split it everywhere!)

303.2/17.006=17.83 MPG

Tripminder aint that far off! Will have to do a couple more tests to be sure.

Also some WOT runs.

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X