PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 244 of 245 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245 LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 4882

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

On my yellow Capri I used an aluminum spacer and a flex fan.

10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

I used the Hayden 2710 on my 88. It has worked well.

The Motorcraft YB-327 is spec'd as the police/tow part. RA has one, as does eBay. https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...an+clutch,6812

The Motorcraft YB-328 is the standard duty part. There are on eBay as well.

I am a little OCD and I don't like the universal fit bolt holes of the Hayden 2710. Like I said, it has functioned fine and I would buy another for a driver. For a car I really liked, I like the exact fit holes on the Motorcraft parts.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    I used the Hayden 2710 on my 88. It has worked well.

The Motorcraft YB-327 is spec'd as the police/tow part. RA has one, as does eBay. https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...an+clutch,6812

The Motorcraft YB-328 is the standard duty part. There are on eBay as well.

I am a little OCD and I don't like the universal fit bolt holes of the Hayden 2710. Like I said, it has functioned fine and I would buy another for a driver. For a car I really liked, I like the exact fit holes on the Motorcraft parts.
    Any idea if the motorcraft is thermal or not? Ebay ads suggest it is based upon provided photos...I like this option the best yet.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Any idea if the motorcraft is thermal or not? Ebay ads suggest it is based upon provided photos...I like this option the best yet.
    If it's got the coiled spring thing on the front, it's thermal.

GMN Box Panther History

Yeah it looks like it does based on the ebay ads. I went for it on RA which only had one picture and no vehicle fitment listings. Hope it fits.
    ~David~

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

must be the only one because nothing shows up now.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    must be the only one because nothing shows up now.
    On RA there was only one available. It is on its way to my place. I guess they pull the listing if there is none in stock. Always weary about purchasing something with only one in stock. Never sure what you are going to get.

Some action from this morning:

~David~

I LOVE IT. Nice solid chirps in 3rd!
    "Out of your league"?
    You have the "cool" factor, the black and silver ones have the "belly button" factor. (Keeping in mind I am a Mustang guy).

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Probably my favorite of all your videos.

You might start itching for one of those 5.0's with too many cams.

GMN Box Panther History

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    I LOVE IT. Nice solid chirps in 3rd!
    "Out of your league"?
    You have the "cool" factor, the black and silver ones have the "belly button" factor. (Keeping in mind I am a Mustang guy).
    Thanks Jim. Sure can say that. Wont see another one like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    Probably my favorite of all your videos.

You might start itching for one of those 5.0's with too many cams.
    Thanks Ben.

I said it to myself a couple times. If anything happens to this car..I am springing for a brand new top of the line mustang vert. I do like the new mustangs a lot even if everyone may have one.

I wont be installing one into this car. Just going to enjoy what it has. It is loads of fun over stock form.
    ~David~

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post

Some action from this morning:

Wheel Hop... Have you checked your pinion angle?

The later Fox cars had "Anti Hop" brackets that mounted between the axle & shock. I believe there are aftermarket iterations also.

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Wheel Hop... Have you checked your pinion angle?

The later Fox cars had "Anti Hop" brackets that mounted between the axle & shock. I believe there are aftermarket iterations also.

What is good versus bad pinion angle?

I have not checked anything but have read some believe pinion angle can in turn cause wheel hop and some don’t agree. Much like anything in life.

I have dropped pretty penny for the adtr control arms (the uppers will allow me to tweak pinion angle if necessary) as well as spherical upper control arm axle bushings.

I will have to look into the anti hop brackets as I have never hear of those before.
    ~David~

Looked at Stang & Vic, different shock mounts.... I think angle us something like 2-4 negative. I have not looked at it for a long time. The idea is that when under torque load the angle of the shaft is about 0.
    Last edited by mitymerc; 07-29-2020 at 02:11 PM. Reason: speeling

wasn't that also part of what the quad shocks were supposed to deal with?

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Yes

Well that is a no go then for me sans major modifications.
    ~David~

frame side would be easy, no idea what the axle side looks like. Guessing brackets could be made to get the job done but would need to study the fitment and spacing back there.

I dont have any spare rears anymore. Tried to get a pic w/o lifting car & removing wheel, no bueno.

I have seen where people cut them off & then welded to a 9 inch.

Swapped out the fan clutch this morning whit the heavy duty unit tiggie linked. Works like a champ. Nice and solid with hot engine off trying to spin it.

My spherical upper axle bushing came in...not going anywhere until I get the ADTR control arms.
    ~David~

The upper ones in the rear? I have them in the yellow capri. All other ends are spherical also. The articulation is ridiculous. Some have said to expect harshness, TBH in that car I never noticed a difference. It is by no means a touring car though.
    Last edited by mitymerc; 08-01-2020 at 11:34 AM. Reason: speeling

Page 244 of 245 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245 LastLast