No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I prefer the HPPs myself, but the fans look good too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
      I guess I didn't read the thread properly. I thought the studs you put in were for an amp not the sub. Came out great.

Not sure how "you" autocorrected to "guy" damn phones.

I can't decide which wheels look better the HPPs or the Sports. Nice having choices.
      Well it sorta is for both. Its a powered subwoofer. Sub and amp in one.

I figured the "guy" was an auto correct fail as you are very respective on the boards.

Originally posted by sly View Post
      I prefer the HPPs myself, but the fans look good too.
      I want more choices!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
        I Panthers aren't cool? So says the guy who just bought & spent weeks buffing up his '89 Town Car, refurbed the JBL system and then took it to a show. Yeah, I could see myself doing the same thing to a car I thought wasn't cool too.

I'm a masochist.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
          I'm a masochist.
          LoL. Alright then. Whats the deal with the T-bird in your signature? Looks like a nice car.

David, whats the deal with the tiger in the trunk? That's a Pontiac GTO thing...
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The tiger was around well before I was. It stays.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Its supposed to be in the tank, not next to it
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Fabricobbleing…..

Needed somewhere to mount the second oil catch can I am installing and figured since there are already unutilized tapped holes in the egr spacer I would make use of them. I happened to have an entire lightning throttle body and egr spacer to help in the endeavor as well as an additional lightning throttle cable bracket to sacrifice for the cause.

Here you can see the lightning bracket ready to go under the knife….which in this case is a cut-off wheel:

Plan is to get rid of the throttle cable attachment point and just leave myself with the two attachment holes as well as a nice piece of metal to weld an additional bracket to. More to come on that later.

I think I succeeded:

Gotta mount that piece currently attached to the catch can to the metal piece bolted on the egr spacer…Looks as if I did not succeed and more cutting is necessary:

After some more cutting I got the bracket at the egr spacer exactly how I wanted it. The bracket that came with the catch can is aluminum so I had to replicate it in steel and below you can see I am further tweaking it to make it work better with the other:

Here are all the pieces laid out and ready for a final mock up before welding:

Vice grip in place to ensure everything stays the way I want it to:

Looks good so far so shall we?....Ready to commit:

And finish welded:

All hardware was painted in low gloss black and the bracket will get painted aluminum.

Also, I have a neato TPS cover and it does not fit the TPS on my vehicle BUT fits this lightning TPS perfectly! Can these TPS’ interchange?
                ~David~

Comment

As long as the plugs do, yes. The TPS electrically didn't change.

Nice old vise, doesn't look like a Wilton but round rams are not super common. Who made that one? Is that one where the whole jaw arrangement will rotate 180 degrees in addition to the base rotating? Those can be handy.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    As long as the plugs do, yes. The TPS electrically didn't change.

Nice old vise, doesn't look like a Wilton but round rams are not super common. Who made that one? Is that one where the whole jaw arrangement will rotate 180 degrees in addition to the base rotating? Those can be handy.
                    Cool. I will check the TPS with an analog meter for dead spots....if all good she will be going on!

The vice was a freebie from someone my dad works with. Not a wilton...though I don't know what the brand is. I see something that looks like a "V" followed by an "arin" but I don't know.

The base rotates as well as the entire jaws. She move every which way on you.

She is just heavy enough to be useful for many projects yet light enough to haul around the yard or where ever you may need to do work with it.
                    ~David~

Comment

Before going for a drive this morning I pulled into the backyard and addressed a couple of things.

First on the list was the oil catch can for the line between the valve cover fill tube and the throttle body.

Here is how the area looked before I added the new catch can:

Oh! I also swapped on a lightning TPS sensor I had on hand. This allowed me to securely install the fancy TPS cover I had. Below you can see me setting the TPS voltage with key on engine off:

Here everything is buttoned up and I am holding the stainless scrubbing pad in my hand that used to live inside the valve cover fill tube:

Another all done:

I then drove out and found a nice photo spot on Mill Road just a bit away from last weeks photo spot:

My favorite:

Some interior:

Caw-cahhh:

And some from after the cruise of the engine bay showing nothing was caught in the “new” catch can:

Sadly the dipstick still blew out. More pondering to be done.
                      ~David~

Comment

I wonder if it was the airflow restriction actually causing the oil to move in the wrong direction. Its supposed to be sucking air from the intake and into the valve cover. May also be things seated in and the motor is sealing better so the blowby isn't there anymore.

Comment

Blowby is there still, he said dipstick lifted out again. Time for dual PCVs maybe?

Also, how do you empty the catch cans if they actually catch something? Doesn't look like much space to spin the cups off the heads...
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

meh, missed that. Fuck it, put a crankcase vacuum pump on there and screw the PCV system.

Comment

Now I hear that tube from valve cover to throttle body working two ways. Some say fresh air from intake to valve cover. Others say it relieves positive pressure from the crank case to the throttle body. Which is it? I hear/read many accounts of oil in the throttle body because of that line which would mean pressure is exiting the valve cover and entering the throttle body. Hence why I put this catch can in line with flow in that direction.
                              ~David~

Comment

Well, it can do both. Its *supposed* to be used for air intake to replace the air sucked out by the PCV. If you have more air going into the crankcase than the PCV is taking out, such as with a motor that has blowby or one that the PCV system isn't working correctly on, then it'll go the other way and push air and probably some oil mist out.

Still I wonder about the dipstick. If that becomes the pressure relief it seems that something isn't venting correctly. Either that or the dipstick just doesn't fit well. Hot dog in a hallway sort of thing. If its the later type with the O rings, try replacing them. They'll get hard and not seal very well over time.

Comment

Working...
                                X