No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might want to check that the reservoir doesn't have a leak.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Thats been checked. No problems in the overflow reservoir.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

come by. we will find the problem
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

If after fixing the waterpump leak I happen to still have the issue I may take you up on it.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

If the pump leaks, that may be the problem. If there is a path for air to suck in via the pump, it'll take air instead of water out of the bottle.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes Gadget is right.
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                If the pump leaks, that may be the problem. If there is a path for air to suck in via the pump, it'll take air instead of water out of the bottle.

She is definitely leaking. Potentially from the lower rad hose as well as the gasket between the plate and pump. Drips down onto the balancer and then gets flung all over. Thermostat gasket is producing coolant remnants too.

New pump and thermostat (just in case) as well as block to plate and plate to pump and thermostat gaskets all arrived today. I'll get to replacing them when I have a couple days to play. No time right now unfortunately.
                ~David~

Comment

RTV the pump gasket around the water jackets on the timing cover, and the little relief on the bottom of the timing cover. Take the plate off and just put rtv in there in place of a gasket. Won't leak then. I've never heard of a replacement plate gasket. Personally, I'd invest in a cooling system pressure tester. It'll come in handy for testing radiator caps, and cooling systems for most cars.

Comment

I blew one of those gaskets out once, and it pumped the motor dry fairly quickly. THat was one of several water pump replacements.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I had a late call today so I as able to Take her out on a cruise. Over 1500 miles on the new combo so far!

Before I did I checked the rad level. Little low but up to the rad cap.... and to be honest the rad sits higher on the passengers side than it does on the drivers. Will address the gaskets when I have time. Maybe even the un-even ness of the radiator if I am feeling it.

I also swapped in two 45degree 1/4mpt to 3/8 barb fittings on the oil fill to throttle body vent line catch can. Just was a bit nicer than the right angle and straight fittings I was using. Installed 4 3/8 spring clamps on those lines. Will do the same for the PCV catch can when time allows it.

Car puts a smile on my face. Absolute highway beast. No problems getting up and going when at speeds. Love it.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        I had a late call today so I as able to Take her out on a cruise. Over 1500 miles on the new combo so far!

Before I did I checked the rad level. Little low but up to the rad cap.... and to be honest the rad sits higher on the passengers side than it does on the drivers. Will address the gaskets when I have time. Maybe even the un-even ness of the radiator if I am feeling it.

I also swapped in two 45degree 1/4mpt to 3/8 barb fittings on the oil fill to throttle body vent line catch can. Just was a bit nicer than the right angle and straight fittings I was using. Installed 4 3/8 spring clamps on those lines. Will do the same for the PCV catch can when time allows it.

Car puts a smile on my face. Absolute highway beast. No problems getting up and going when at speeds. Love it.

I think you need an oar, to row your boat.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Soon. Soon.

Just impulse ordered a couple autometer arctic white gauges. Voltmeter, oil pressure, water temperature and vacuum/boost.

I currently have an autometer arctic white 2 1/16" tachometer with a sunpro style line glass and bezel swapped onto it. The arctic white gauges come with a domed lens which I am not a fan of as well as a thin metal bezel surround. I find the flat glass and thick metal surround more appealing thus why I done the swap.

Will have to do the same to these new gauges as well.
                          ~David~

Comment

I second the 5 speed. Mine is a blast with 3.08s, and a 130hp CFI 302

Imagine how fun yours would be!!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Its coming for sure mangs.

FFFFFFFUUUuUuUuUuUuuuuuuuuuuuU

Durafail Special. Didn’t even make it to 1000 miles before I started noticing the leaks.

New gates pump:

The way things go sometimes.
                              ~David~

Comment

It should be better now.
                                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Working...
                                X