No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gates has been on there for 4? years now...not too many miles, but still going strong.
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Did you use any sealant on the pump-to-plate gasket? If no she's gonna leak again. Wish there was a way to do away with that stupid plate altogether, I can't think of a single good reason why that thing was even needed when the timing cover could have just been cast slightly differently and all would have been well. Also ALL bolts should get same sealant on their threads, keeps any and all coolant from seeping in and corroding stuff to the breaking point upon removal attempt. I like grey RTV, once that thing sets you're usually good to go till the pump shaft seal wears and starts weeping.
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
        Did you use any sealant on the pump-to-plate gasket? If no she's gonna leak again. Wish there was a way to do away with that stupid plate altogether, I can't think of a single good reason why that thing was even needed when the timing cover could have just been cast slightly differently and all would have been well. Also ALL bolts should get same sealant on their threads, keeps any and all coolant from seeping in and corroding stuff to the breaking point upon removal attempt. I like grey RTV, once that thing sets you're usually good to go till the pump shaft seal wears and starts weeping.
        Don;t know as dad did the install. Hes befuddled as well considering he has been a ford tech since the 80's!

I will for sure use RTV this time around.

I have thread sealer too and will utilize it on the pump bolts.

I think this pump was leaking in multiple areas:

a bolts hole, between pump and plate as well as the weep hole. Shitty pump may not be all to blame.

Hoping this one will do me right.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I was thinking that looked like some traces out of the weep hole. I went through several pumps before I got one that held together. Can't honestly recall who makes it, but its been on the car for like 6 years now. Its even been off and re-installed I think twice now without giving me any shit.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The one on my beater is an AZ special... it's been at least 7 years since I put it on. There may be a leak from the lower intake gasket (leaning towards this one) or that top bolt over the water port, but it's so slight... meh.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Finally got around to doing something my father even wanted to get done when he owned and drove the car (2000ish to 2004).

Before:

After:

Spot it?

It’s a 12volt DC plug! Amazing right? Lol

Some China special straight from Hong Kong via Ebay.

Nice hard plastic case with factory looks drawn me to it.

Little closer look:

Came with mounting hardware and even right angle crimp connectors for easy install. I removed the Marine cover and replaced it with a plane jane one I had on hand. Where the pod mounts there was a prexisting hole for the wires to route into and over towards the passengers side of the car where power was snatched from the amps "T" and ground was attained from a grounding bolt behind some of the carpet.

Me gusta.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice outlet. I prefer a centered position due to needing to air up trailer tires and load helpers.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Nice and clean. Whats the other big plastic box beside it in the picture?
                  1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

I think that's his powered subwoofer.
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      Nice outlet. I prefer a centered position due to needing to air up trailer tires and load helpers.
                      Thanks. I intend to use it for cell phone charging. I can lay the phone right on the shelf next to the amp out of the way of everything. I didnt want it to be in plane sight sticking out. The cyclops look does not roll with me.

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                      Nice and clean. Whats the other big plastic box beside it in the picture?
                      Thanks. That is one thing I try to maintain with this car. When I was younger I did do some tacky things to it, but since then all sins have been removed and forgiven.

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                      I think that's his powered subwoofer.

Yep.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post780898
                      ~David~

Comment

Mine is actually tucked up on the rear deck and you can't see it at all unless you stick your head in the trunk. It's above the torsion bars by a few inches.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                          Mine is actually tucked up on the rear deck and you can't see it at all unless you stick your head in the trunk. It's above the torsion bars by a few inches.

Nut and bolted between the upper parcel shelf and the rear interior deck carpet?
                          ~David~

Comment

Got the pump installed today. Letting it dry overnight before adding coolant tomorrow afternoon so I hopefully don’t run into any issues.

Had a “doh” moment when I rubbed in the silicone for the pump to timing cover gasket and let it sit to long before installing. Luckily I had another felpro gasket I was able to use. I got side tracked and cleaning the pump bolts took too long and caused the silicone to cure. Doesn’t help I left it in direct sunlight. Like I said DOH.

Looks like I forgot to install the air compressors coil wire.......
                            ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                              Nut and bolted between the upper parcel shelf and the rear interior deck carpet?
                              close... just some self-tappers

Comment

Air compressor's coil wire, lol...

Looks super clean mang!
                                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                                X