PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 252 of 252 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252
Results 5,021 to 5,036 of 5036

Thread: My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Did you push her in the corners? How’d it do?
    -Phil

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, GT40 Heads, Edelbrock 1906 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, Baumann Shift kit.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Did you push her in the corners? How’d it do?
    Took it out again this morning. Cant say I feel much of a difference. I also haven't pushed anything either.

What I can say is that I still am experiencing the same wheel hop as before with the stock LCAs. I will have to dive into measuring pinion angle and utilizing the adjustable upper arms to get it within reason...if it is even out of whack. It only happens if I am putting around town in first and stop on it and stay in first till high rpms..5/6k. Under normal driving I have no problems. I also haven not tried out the line lock to see if I have this wheel hop while standing still.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Wheel hop is very abusive to your axles. Do you have a magnetic angle finder?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

I post a lot...

I am sure a magnetic axle finder is a real thing but my first thought was I would find them on the shelf next to the left hand smoke sifters.

What does a magnetic axle finder do?

Jay
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

Magnetic ANGLE finder. You put it on the pinion part of the diff housing to to make sure that angle is the same as the angle of the transmission tailshaft.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Wheel hop is very abusive to your axles. Do you have a magnetic angle finder?
    Yes. I had purchased one when I purchased the control arms in anticipation of having to set pinion angle. For now I will just avoid making axle hop happen.
    ~David~

I post a lot...

Oh Doh! I may have to take remedial reading.
    "X" car 89 Colony Park LS Mods>Engine delete, SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 16" HPP wheels, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft.
    03 Marauder DBP, HS, 6disk, Organizer, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated Cooper Zeon RS3-A, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaywish View Post
    I am sure a magnetic axle finder is a real thing but my first thought was I would find them on the shelf next to the left hand smoke sifters.

What does a magnetic axle finder do?

Jay
    finds magnetic axles obviously.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I post a lot...

Now why didn't I think of that?
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Well....

Line lock worked great.

No wheel hop whatsoever while doing this burnout.

Not as pressed to mess with pinion angle now. Still curious though why it will do it while rippin in first gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3793.jpg   IMG_3791.jpg   IMG_3790.jpg  
    ~David~

Hey, I know where you did that!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

From a buddy that knows his shit...

"It might not be square.
    Tires will affect it if they're trying to hook/spin/hook.
    SHOCKS?!
    Rear may be trying to "dribble" the tires."

"Cheap street radials?
    Have to treat the car somewhat like a drag car. Plant the tires & keep weight on em"

Also

"If he over tightened the rear suspension Id expect it to just spin. Sounds like combo of tires (soft sidewall, cushy ride?) & lack of suspension control (shocks)"

"Tell him to add air to the tires & see if it changes. Maybe 5psi just to test it. If it improves any try a little more. But if they're like BFG radial ta with a max inflation of 35, don't drive it a lot with 45"

Thats good info. Thanks Jim. And you caught me.

I know Phil (brownmuscle) has already commented on the shocks about two years ago....They were newer even then. lol KYB gas a justs in the rear. Push down on rear bumper and car does not just rebound and stay put...it took a few up and downs to stop.

It could be them.

Tires are Yokohama Avid Envigor High Performance All Seasons 235/60/16. I will look into upping the tire pressure by 5psi and seeing how things go.

If pressure does not fix the dribble (as that is precisely what it feels like) I will look into finding out what my pinion angle should be...do it and then test..if still bad look for bilsteins for the car.

A video of some prior wheel hop to refresh memories:

~David~

Member of the Orb Alliance packman's Avatar

Box Panther back to terrorizing the neighborhood

Page 252 of 252 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252