No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get those hideous wheels off that thing, they belong on my hideous 03 LX Sport.

Guy, you bought a new set of valve covers just so you could mod them, while the other new set sits on your car? Fuckin money bags over here...

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Get this...I have another set of new ones but in silver that I ordered incorrectly.

I'll use them some time down the road, I told myself.

I have to drill a hole for the fill tube in a new spot. Sorta needed a new valve cover for that.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Kinda curious how everything will fit under there with the new sway bar in place. I had to hack the plastic for the shield to work with the addcco front bar but now am running a stock 02 bar that should technically work well with the splash shield...Meaning I may need another one for things to not look goofey.

She runs like a fucking champ. Super happy. MPGs in the 20's EASY cruising at 70!

Just happy.
        They don't fit right in the cars they are in. My 94 hits the sway bar. As did the one I pulled for my vic from a 97 grand marquis. Also are you doing actual gas mileage calculations? Or going off the tripminder?

Comment

Looks like I wont need to bother picking up another one then if they fit shitty to begin with.

My actual calculated and tripminder numbers have been consistent. So, both. I know you are going to argue this.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

My actual calculated and tripminder numbers have been consistent. So, both. I know you are going to argue this.
            Very interesting! Kinda mad haha. I'm curious as to what influences the DOL pulses, and why yours are consistent with your actual calculated numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
              Get those hideous wheels off that thing, they belong on my hideous 03 LX Sport.
              Shut up and enjoy my earthy tones.....

Thems wheels bez stayin.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              Very interesting! Kinda mad haha. I'm curious as to what influences the DOL pulses, and why yours are consistent with your actual calculated numbers.
              I don't know what to say. I was totally ready to rip it out when I heard you and Thain talking about it potentially not being very accurate with MAF but glad I gave it a go before doing so. I had the clock delete plate ready and everything!
              ~David~

Comment

Shut up and enjoy my earthy tones.....

Thems wheels bez stayin.

I don't know what to say. I was totally ready to rip it out when I heard you and Thain talking about it potentially not being very accurate with MAF but glad I gave it a go before doing so. I had the clock delete plate ready and everything!
                Sick chromes, holmes'.

I bet she'd fit right in, in

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

They are stock Crown Vic wheels for christs sake. How on earth are they rican?
                  ~David~

Comment

Add about 3" of spacer so they stick out from under the fenders and you're on the path.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wheels are awesome, everyone STFU.
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

at this page!

Comment

Those wheels are sick. When the time comes, you can help me find some.
                          1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

Check out Centerline wheels.
                            sigpic
                            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                            302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                            COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                              Those wheels are sick. When the time comes, you can help me find some.
                              Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Set-of-4...dXn2j-&vxp=mtr

May need to convert to big brakes up front in order for these to fit. The gigantor hubs of the stock brakes may be an issue.
                              ~David~

Comment

Ripped off the upper intake today so I could replace the passengers side valve cover with a new one…just because I messed up originally with the oil fill hole location.

New valve cover is with the fill tube grommet installed.

She now fits perfectly between the ac compressor lines and the upper intake. Just perfect.

Before reinstalling the intake I slipped on a couple more 3/8 spring clamps for the catch can rubber lines. After that was all done I buttoned up the underside of the engine with the splash shield as well as the tow package air dam.

I don’t know what is going on with this stupid engine but the intake spacer and gaskets were COATED in oil. I just slapped it all back together and said fuck it. One thing worth mentioning….pulling off the oil fill cap while the engine is running results in an audible pressure release…like there is a lot of vaccum being pulled through there. No idea if my catch can ran in line between the valve cover fill hole and TB are causing this and my oily intake issue. A bit perplexed.

OH I also sucked some tranny fluid out as I was a bit over filled.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X