• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Trunk muncher motor" LoL
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Looks clean after the clay bar. Nice job.
      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

Thanks.

Scored a minty fresh 1990 Town Car fan shroud and overflow bottle, fuel filter bracket, two BIG upper radiator hold downs as well as some other fun bits this past SF. I hopped on by Harrys on the way home and harvested those pieces.

Also checked out the innards of an IAC. Nothing springy to be concerned of...I wanna swap in a right angled end when I can find one!

John enlightened me about this cool relay box when other John was scrounging up parts for his contour electric fan swap. SO I had to get one for myself. It used the back two mounts of the air box and then the relay box clips right in place. (pic is from a junkyard car)

The shroud and overflow cleaned up perfect BTW.

The benz went this year because I am a pu-pu-pussy. I dint want the CV to get soaked.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Like I said, next year; 12-pack of Leinenkugel, ice cream, and funnel cake. And make fun of everybody.

-ryan s.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            I had a testors paint pen that my dad got used from his friend and then he used it then I started to use it. I touched up the entire interior of the car as well as the stock taillamps with the horizontal bars and then it started to die. It really lasted a LONG time.

The ones I am using are oil based paint pens. I don't know if the sharpie will adhere enough on the interior trim. I always used paint pens for that.

My father who has been a ford mechanic since the 80s didn;t know that some cars got this treatment either.
            I take it the Testors are enamel?

The dash lines are wearing in my cab and always wondered why they appeared hand-drawn, rather than the vacuum chrome process.
            sigpic
            1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
            302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
            COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Not sure. I now have oil based paint pens that do the chore just the same if need be.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Oh yeah...and not to jynx myself but between SF (Friday) to Yesterday (Tuesday) the battery in the CV was fine. I made sure to hear that click when the trunk muncher fully sucked down the lid this time and this could potentially be what killed it last time. I'll see next time if I am still in the clear.
                ~David~

Comment

Not sure. I now have oil based paint pens that do the chore just the same if need be.
                  I was able to come across the salesman dealership reference guide for the MGM and it says the bumper (horizontal?) rub-strips was an Option. The bare steel bumper being Standard.
                  I guess it was an inexpensive option? Same for LTD?
                  sigpic
                  302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")

Comment

Bumper rub strips were options for both MGM and CV. They could be ordered separate or with a trim level package. Front bumper guards were standard on MGM, some years on CV. Front and rear strips together cost $52 . Rear bumper guards cost $30. When I special ordered my cars in the 80s, many options could be bought separately unlike today.
                    Last edited by Mainemantom; 08-18-2016, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Tom, do you still have your build sheets? Pretty cool that you special ordered cars. Most of the folks I talked to just picked one off of the lot.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Finally completed the mass air upgrade with the silly plastic cap that surrounds the map sensors (now bap sensor) vacuum line so no one does not accidentally put manifold vacuum to it.

Before:

After:

Then I shined up the whole car:

~David~

Comment

I should just loan you my car for a few months so all the little detail shit like that which I've been ignoring for years gets dealt with.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do you run any type of spacers on the wheels? Rear looks like it sets out good.
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              I should just loan you my car for a few months so all the little detail shit like that which I've been ignoring for years gets dealt with.

Sounds like fun.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                              Do you run any type of spacers on the wheels? Rear looks like it sets out good.
                              I believe I am running hubcentric 1.25's in the rear.

I have converted to rear discs but kept the stock 1987 axle. I wouldn't be using as thick of spacers as I have if I swapped to a newer rear end as they are wider to begin with.
                              ~David~

Comment

Sounds like fun.

I believe I am running hubcentric 1.25's in the rear.

I have converted to rear discs but kept the stock 1987 axle. I wouldn't be using as thick of spacers as I have if I swapped to a newer rear end as they are wider to begin with.
                                Was the spacer used to increase the back-space? Push the tires out or allow for wider tires?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X