No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were used simply for aesthetic reasons. In stock form the track width is just to narrow. This increase is track width rounds out the car nicely.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Purty. I like the tips on your dual exhaust, looks factory.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Finally completed the mass air upgrade with the silly plastic cap that surrounds the map sensors (now bap sensor) vacuum line so no one does not accidentally put manifold vacuum to it.

Before:

After:

Where'd you find that?

Comment

I thought it was supposed to remain uncapped to measure actual atmospheric pressure.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
            Purty. I like the tips on your dual exhaust, looks factory.

Thanks.

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            Where'd you find that?
            I purchased an unknown condition mass air mustangs bap sensor for the dinky plastic piece.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
            I thought it was supposed to remain uncapped to measure actual atmospheric pressure.

That is correct.

What I have installed is simply a ring so to speak that goes around the nipple preventing a hose from accidentally getting installed.

It is a factory piece.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

A nipple ring?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  so no one does not accidentally put manifold vacuum to it.
                  Well that would require the presence of such hose on the vicinity, which I bet is not the case. Just adding vacuum lines on these things for the heck of it is also a whole lot harder than doing so on a carb-ed engine. So I think your concern was just a little bit unfounded there On a more serious note, did you replace the entire sensor, or had you popped the cap off a junkyard one and you simply popped it onto your factory-style sensor?

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                  A nipple ring?
                  Meh, rings are overrated, studs are more fun. And on that one I gotta get the wicked bitch of the west to join here, especially now that's she's barn-found a tudor Lincoln Mk6 that can give the Brown Blob a run for its money in the super-clean super-shiny department Hmm, now I wonder what a Mk6 would look like with those 17" wheels the Blob sports - yo burgermeister, got a nice side-only shot of your car you can provide for photchopping purposes? I'm sure you've posted it already but it's easier for you to look thru thumbnails on your computer than for me to go thru page after page of shiny awesomeness in full size, lol.
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                  The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                    Well that would require the presence of such hose on the vicinity, which I bet is not the case. Just adding vacuum lines on these things for the heck of it is also a whole lot harder than doing so on a carb-ed engine. So I think your concern was just a little bit unfounded there On a more serious note, did you replace the entire sensor, or had you popped the cap off a junkyard one and you simply popped it onto your factory-style sensor?

Meh, rings are overrated, studs are more fun. And on that one I gotta get the wicked bitch of the west to join here, especially now that's she's barn-found a tudor Lincoln Mk6 that can give the Brown Blob a run for its money in the super-clean super-shiny department Hmm, now I wonder what a Mk6 would look like with those 17" wheels the Blob sports - yo burgermeister, got a nice side-only shot of your car you can provide for photchopping purposes? I'm sure you've posted it already but it's easier for you to look thru thumbnails on your computer than for me to go thru page after page of shiny awesomeness in full size, lol.
                    I just swapped the silly plastic piece from the purchased unit. Funny Ford decided to add such a piece considering the difficulty in accidentally applying manifold vacuum to the sensor.

Here are all that I can find with various wheels:

Best I have of most of the wheels I have ran.

Having trouble finding the old days with the turbines.
                    ~David~

Comment

I do like the 17" sports but I would have to say, imo, for looks alone the Bullets and the HPP's look the best.
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I like all the wheels, but like jaywish, I like the Bullets the best. Do you still have those Bullets? If so, perhaps painting the spokes the body color (but leaving the rim/ring chrome) would look awesome! My 1 cent

Packman

Comment

Bullits are hibernating. LOL

Comment

Jim owns the 04 and older Mustang Bullitts wheels that used to be on my car.
                            ~David~

Comment

Thanks for the pics, they will work great for my needs. Now I gotta relearn how the software works, been ages since I last needed to use it...

The '05-up Stang wheels I was never much fond of, even when installed on Mustangs. I've seen a Towncar with HPP, looks stupid to me - fine on a CV/GMQ, but the Towncar body lines just call for something "classier". Bullitt and LX Sport wheels would be best I think, would give it a proper "restomod" looks. Which will be appropriate considering the engine won't remain stock for long... Assuming she even picks up the car, as she's still quite a bit on the fence about it.
                              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Dave,

When you did the remote TFI were you able to use the V6 one or did you have to re-utilize the V8 one?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X